Director Of Organizational Development
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Administrative Management / Operations / Process Engineering
Professional career reflects over 20 years of management, training, sales support, organizational development, and change strategies, in the highly competitive and diligently regulated insurance products and services industry. Have a demonstrated record of success to increase enhance internal efficiency and increase ownership of organizational goals and objectives, while generating processes to enhance corporate profitability.
Leadership experience has been enhanced with additional professional development in: Employee Interviewing and Counseling, Culture Gap Workshop, Creating Customer Service Oriented Climates, Effective Meeting Management, Life Office Management I & II (LOMA), Managing for Excellence & Professional Development, and Managing Change Processes.
• Responsible for all organizational development and human resource functions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, performance appraisal, and salary adjustments for organization of 1200 employees, operating in a three-state territory.
• Coordinated performance standards to increase competence and enhance ownership of corporate goals and objectives; efforts led to productivity increase of 106%.
• Establishment of productivity goals lead to 75% reduction in absenteeism and decreased turnover.
• Lead charge to motivate employees toward profitability with "first ever" over claims bonus program.
• Re-engineered claims department workflow processes to eliminate 15 month backlog within 6 weeks and maintained an on-going claims turnaround of 3 days, processing in excess of 30,000 claims per month.
• Skillfully negotiated out of contract network claims with national vendor at a savings of $30K per year.
• Developed strategies to bring backlog division "in house" with an annual savings of $250K.
• Participated in Managed Care Committee, in conjunction with 4 physicians, CFO, and VP of operations, to develop protocols and monitoring programs, lead to budget improvement of 66% per year.
• Sought by corporate management to train first three classes of new employees for large start up operation, resulting in division growth from 6 to 45 personnel in 6 months.
• Established policies and training programs for company with 120 staff conducting sales in 7 states.
• Oversaw conversion toward paperless processing and increased technological processing by 100%.
Bradford Insurance Company, Indianapolis, Indiana
2000 - Present
Indianapolis Health Network, Indianapolis, Indiana
1997 - 2000
Director of Claims Administration/Manager of Customer Service
Mutual Insurance Company, Indianapolis/Denver, Colorado
1992 - 1997
Claims Supervisor/Director of Training
Hartford Life Insurance Company, Indianapolis/Minneapolis, Minnesota
1979 - 1992
PRWRA Ric Lanham - firstname.lastname@example.org - RL Stevens & Associates - http://www.interviewing.com