Operations Manager Trucking
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Operational Director with with 25 years experience in management, training, operational design and administration, in the third party logistics and transportation industry. Serve as key liaison between local and corporate management in multi-state expansion projects and business development ventures.
• Formulated Policies, Manuals, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Oversaw multi-site operations for 6 plants, 500+ personnel and budgets in excess of $40 million.
• Reduced turnaround time for shipping orders by as much as 30%.
• Made critical decisions in an industry driven by "right now" delivery of service.
• Tracked orders to coordinate operations of 200 trucks, 20 customer contracts, and 65 vendors.
• Risk/Facilities Management Specialist handled all departments in 420K square foot warehouse.
• Took initiatives to increase customers accounts by as much as 300% (from $1 million to $3 million).
• Initiated Quality Improvement Program to increase competence and performance of personnel, generated annual savings of $350K.
Baker and Baker, Inc., Grove, OH
1992 - Present
Regional Vice-President/General Manager
• Managed warehouse operations, shipping, receiving, P&L for cold storage and distribution facilities in excess of one million square feet.
• Handled 20 major national accounts including: Sara Lee, ConAgra, and Heinz.
• Established Performance Based Incentive program with employees to increase productivity, strengthen ownership of corporate goals, and increase shared responsibility for profit.
• Coordinated systems, procedural, and facility transitions related to a national merger.
• Established work standards, job description, and performance evaluations.
• Implemented productivity tracking system to enhance efficiency and increase accountability.
Octagon, Inc., Macon, GA & SouthVille City, NJ
1982 - 1992
Manager of Distribution
• Managed complete P&L for shipping and receiving, inventory control, purchasing, maintenance, hiring, firing and training personnel.
• Initiated Quality Improvement Program to improve communication and customer service.
• Took steps to enhance union/labor relations through training and clear articulation of positional expectations.
• Developed research criteria and implemented strategies to penetrate new markets.
• Conducted feasibility studies of alternate sites to maximize revenues and reduce overhead.
• Reduced staff, contained cost, increased employee competence, while saving $350 thousand per year.
• Taught and coached customer centered thinking, led to improved corporate image and increased consumer satisfaction.
• Closed distribution warehouse on time, under budget, and without labor disputes.
Distribution Center, North Brownstown, IL
1977 - 1982
Regional Warehouse Manager
• Served in a variety of capacities, started as Warehouse Operator, moved to Customer Service Representative and handled Account Coordination of three warehouses.
• Enhanced skills in all areas of operation as Warehouse Supervisor and then Manager.
• Improved profit levels, productivity, and service levels in all facilities.
Mount Saint Joseph College, Emersonville, Arkansas
Bachelor of Science, Finance and Economics
Additional training in business management, debt reduction, cost containment, negotiations, business and ethical conduct, and multiple computer based business applications.