Direct Care Worker
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SOCIAL SERVICES / CLIENT CARE
Community Resources • Child Welfare • Therapeutic Staff Support
· Service- and people-oriented. Effectively identify and resolve problems using available resources. Build confidence in others. Assured, diplomatic and poised.
· Noteworthy communication skills. Interact positively with a wide range of people of various cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Adroit at giving verbal and non-verbal feedback to encourage people to be open, to trust and to be receptive to suggestions. Skilled at negotiating conflicts.
· Prioritize workload and multi-task; flexible to changing priorities. Gather facts and supportive data to make decisions. Valued team player.
Alliance for Behavioral and Developmental Disabilities (ABDD) – Hermitage, Pennsylvania
DIRECT CARE WORKER
· As member of 2-person team, provide complete Activity of Daily Living (ADL) assistance for three adult residents in a group home. Perform housekeeping tasks and cook meals. Ensure all residents receive proper meals, medication, hygiene and basic care. Establish rapport and sense of trust with residents. Report all activities to supervisors.
· Keep files up-to-date (e.g., progress reports, house notes and individual I.D. notes).
· Provide transportation to care programs, home visits and recreational activities; supervise behavior of residents.
Family Counseling and Children’s Services – Sharon, Pennsylvania
Associates in Counseling & Child Guidance (ACCG) – Sharon, Pennsylvania
1997 – 1999
THERAPEUTIC STAFF SUPPORT / WRAPAROUND WORKER
· Provided direct supervision of child to optimize educational, enrichment and recreational activities. Reported to treatment intervention team for guidance in appropriate approach to behavior problem(s). Assisted with activities of daily living.
· Maintained up-to-date progress notes to guide treatment intervention. Recorded information regarding progression or regression in client’s behaviorisms.
Bryson Manor: A.M. Care Corporation – Youngstown, Ohio
1989 – 1997
CAREGIVER / COMMUNITY RESOURCES / ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
· Directed activities and promoted community resources for 30+ residents living in three adult foster care/group homes within the community. Assisted with Activities of Daily Living (A.D.L.).
· Transported residents to medical and community resources on consistent basis, facilitating improved therapeutic/medical results of treatment. Coordinated casework arrangements.
Associated Neighborhood Centers – Youngstown, Ohio
1984 – 1989
· Supervised recreational activities for children on site and on field trips. Improved community concerns with children by participating in school Youth Teaching Youth (Y.T.Y.) Program. Provided guidance and served as role model for children.
· Conducted Adult Forum to establish and promote community-based civil humanities for both children and adults. Facilitated discussions on issues impacting relationships.
EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION / TRAINING
· Certificate, 2003, Safe Crisis Management, 12-hour course
· Certificate, 1988, Professional Ethics, Youngstown State University
· Awareness Training, Youngstown State University
· Certificate, 2001, Basic Understanding of Computers, Career Link
· Certificate, 1987, High Risk Children: Handle with Care, 3-day course, Family Recovery Center of Columbiana County
· Certificate, Children and Adolescents, 1985, Parkeview Counseling Center
· Certificate, Group Work for Human Relations and Development of Civil Harmonizing
· Coursework, Social Work Administration, 1987, Case Western Reserve University
B.A., 1981, Youngstown State University – Youngstown, Ohio
Social Work • “A” Student in Field Work Placement Internship