Materials Management Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Leader in the conceptualization, development, implementation and management of material handling and logistics solutions. Take pride in ability to motivate, energize and lead to successful outcomes. Proficient in fast-paced environments demanding strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills. Resourceful problem solver with demonstrated ability to conceptualize solutions to difficult situations, and employ practical, cost effective strategies. Articulate communicator. Adept at resolving conflicts and building relationships with senior management, contractors, customers and employees. Core competencies include:
• Integrated Logistics Management • Material Requirements Planning
• Vendor Sourcing & Procurement • Sound Decision Making
• Quality Control & ISO • Ergonomics
• Presentations & Training • SAP Expert User
• Customer Relations • Inventory Management
• Process & Performance Optimization • Distribution Management
Expert Networks, Blue Bay
2000 - 2002
Received early "buy out" package from Canada's Largest Telecommunications Installations provider with 2300 employees with 7 operating offices in North America. Accountable for complete purchasing, logistics, warehouse and distribution for Ontario's 2 central offices. Granted annual purchasing volume of $20 M. Appointed Ergonomics Co-Chair of JHSC.
• Increased productivity 35% by improving material handling procedures and installing mechanized machinery to eliminate manually operated equipment.
• Restructured 24 000 sq. ft. warehouse maximizing flow and storage capacity.
• Comprehensive industry knowledge trusted to create and deliver numerous presentations for team leaders, committees and departmental staff. Subjects included: Material Procedures, Continuous Improvement, ISO / Quality Development, Process Improvement, Ergonomics and Health and Safety issues.
• Strategized to use most effective inventory control measures: MRP and manual ordering system, kan-ban, JIT, cycle counts, physical inventory and audits materials.
• Charged with all human resource responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training, discipline and performance evaluations for up to 20 unionized employees.
Expert Networks, Blue Bay
1999 - 2000
Recruited to install copper and fiber optic lines throughout Toronto region during this extremely busy period. Upon completion of project, promoted to final company position as cited above.
Manley Trailers, Orangeville
1994 - 1999
Assisted this company with its start up. Developed format for all material handling, warehousing and logistics considerations.
Fastening House Inc., Mississauga
1992 - 1994
WAREHOUSE CO-ORDINATOR / SUPERVISOR
Tasked with overseeing all aspects of shipping / receiving, inventory control, stock replenishment, pick pack and ship, and dispatching drivers. Supervised 3 drivers. Further multi-tasked to assist with counter sales.
• Implemented the Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) for the Kelly Kabinet System account.
Windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP, Word, Word Perfect, Power Point, Project, Visio, Excel, SAP 4.0 and 4.6 MM, WM and MRP, WHMS, BossIX, e-mail and Internet research.
A / Z License, Lift Truck, Over Head Crane, and Liquid Propane Gas Exchange.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
ERGONOMICS MATERIAL HANDLING SOLUTIONS
SAP Specialized Training Modules
Time Management, Warehouse, Materials, and Sales
• IAPA • OHSA
• NIOSH • WHMIS
• First Aid / CPR • Ergonomics
• Project Management • Confined Space
• Material Handling Solutions • Bell Supply Chain
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods • Environmental Health & Safety
• Objective Performance • Store Room Personnel Training
• Pedestrian Traffic Interface • Basic Equipment Wellness
• Employee Recognition & Team Building
Hillsburgh and District Fire Department - Certified Volunteer Fire Fighter
Executive responsibilities for Orangeville Minor Softball, South Dufferin Fastball League, and Hillsburgh Men's Recreational Hockey League.
PRWRA Audrey Field - Résumé Resources - 6 Andrew Court, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada L0L 2P0 - http://www.ResumeResources.ca - firstname.lastname@example.org - 1.877.204.9737