Journeyman Tool And Die Maker
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
JOURNEYMAN TOOL & DIE MAKER
Custom Plastic Injection Molding / High-Pressure Aluminum & Zinc Die Casting / Engineering Prototype Building / Blank Form & Pierce Dies
More than 20 years of experience in the production, repair, and design of jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies for the automotive, marine, and electronics manufacturing industries. Recognized for analytical and technical expertise combined with experience operating tool room equipment, machining, troubleshooting, and quality assurance. Strong communication and organization skills. Basic proficiency utilizing CAD/CAM software.
PEVNICK DESIGN INCORPORATED – Milwaukee, WI
2004 to Present
TOOL & DIE MAKER
· Design and produce tooling for plastic injection molding processes.
· Fabricate jigs and fixtures for prototype and production applications.
PELICAN INDUSTRIES INCORPORATED – West Milwaukee, WI
2001 to 2004
TOOL ROOM MANAGER
· Built and maintained tooling, jigs, and fixtures for plastic injection molding machinery. Clients included major electronics/healthcare equipment manufacturers.
· Performed tool design, built prototypes, and modified client designs to meet specifications.
· Ordered supplies and tracked inventory levels. Maintained relationships with suppliers, machine manufacturers, and outsourcing contacts.
TOWER AUTOMOTIVE/A.O. SMITH CORPORATION – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1983 to 2001
TOOL MAKER – SAMPLE FRAME DEPARTMENT (1993 to 2001)
TOOL MAKER – VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS (1983 to 1993)
· Built assembly fixtures and lines for one-piece to prototype runs with continuous engineering design changes. Designed, produced, and repaired tooling for parts fabrication. Changed assemblies and operated drill presses, milling machines, grinders, and band saws. Performed preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on the Ford Ranger Frame line.
· Built steel assembly fixtures, blank dies, form dies, draw dies, and pierce dies. Requisitioned materials, marked-up for machining, and tracked progress of all projects. Clients included General Motors, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler.
· Assisted with ISO 9000 inspection. Received training is ISO 9000, SPC, and Geometric Tolerancing.
· Served as Team Leader of B.E.S.T. Team.
KOSS CORPORATION – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1979 to 1983
· Built plastic injection molding dies, line assembly fixtures, and engineering prototypes for stereo headphones and speakers.
STATE INDENTURED TOOL AND DIE MAKER APPRENTICESHIP – MATC/Mercury Marine Corporation
1974 to 1979
GENERAL STUDIES (Completed 40 Credits) – University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
1972 to 1974
Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary) – Mission Observer and Aerospace Officer; Squadron Commander for10 years.