Information Security Engineer
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior-level Information Security Engineer
Network Architecture • Systems Security • Project Management
Enterprise Systems • Communications
Highly qualified and analytical professional with more than 15 years’ experience in network engineering, architecture, and implementation in domestic and global workplace environments.
Protocols: ISO/OSI layers, Token Ring, Ethernet, LLC(802.2), T1/T3, Optical Transports, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, Frame Relay, X.25, SONET, SNA SDLC, IPSEC, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, ICMP, SNMP, RIP, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, HTTP, TACACS, CHAP, PAP, Cable DOCIS.
Operating Systems / Software: Windows 2000, HP OpenView, Cisco Works, DNS, NETSYS, Lotus CC-Mail, Mac software, ARCserve Backup software, Microsoft Exchange, Novell NMS, Microsoft Office, Exceed, X Windows.
Hardware: Sun workstations, Cisco PIX Firewalls, Cisco 12000, 7500, 3000, 2600 Routers and Cisco 65000, 3500, 2900, 5000 Switches, HP Network Devices, US Robotics, DEC Equipment, Kalpana Network Hubs, Stratacom Devices, Adtran ISDN adapters, CSU/DSU’s, Shiva Comm. Servers.
2002 – present
Director of Information Assurance
· Consult with and advice senior management of current and future security and risk implications.
· Recruit and manage information security team assigned to implementation and execution of information security policies and procedures.
· Promote internal security awareness at all organizational levels.
· Spearheaded development of internal information security committee, comprised of team member from all corporate function to ensure security is addressed in all business processes and activities.
· Monitor and assure compliance with federal regulations and industry standards, instituting changes as they occur.
· Research, evaluate, and select outsourcing contractors and vendors based on specified expertise and ability to deliver services and supplies.
2002 - 2003
Senior Network Design Engineer – Unisys Corporation
· Maintained responsibility for network engineering, design, implementation, integration, and technical support for Unisys projects in support of the Transportation Security Agency within various domestic airports.
· Conducted evaluations and created site-specific designs, including network architecture, cabling, equipment selection, customer interface with Airport Authority and TSA personnel, and project feasibility analysis that included management planning.
· Coordinated site surveys and authored technical documentation.
2000 – 2003
Senior Network Architect
Department of Justice:
· Managed and support nationwide telecommunications network, providing critical network support for various sub-agencies, such as the EPA, FBI, DEA, Exeutive Office for U.S. Attorneys, and INS.
· As technical subject matter expert, evaluating, selecting, and integrating all information security-related projects.
· Managed and coordinated network operation efforts, IT planning, security, and other technical areas.
· Instituted technical countermeasures to identify threats and attempted security breaches.
· Delivered technical briefings and project plans to management.
· Coordinated integration efforts, developed operational procedures, and implemented and supported LANs and WANs with 25,000+ nodes.
2000 - 2001
Principal Network Consultant
· Provided consultation to Fortune 1000 clients in the areas of network architecture, network integration, capacity planning, and systems engineering.
· Supported marketing and sales, to direct and indirect channels in the Eastern U.S, including technical product and application detail, new business opportunities, and customer service.
· Managed activities of engineers assigned to client projects, prepared project plans and white papers, defined project scope, and coordinated work statements and contracts.
1997 – 2000
Senior Network Engineer
· Supported complex capacity planning and analysis, network design, and provided recommendations for world-wide backbone infrastructure.
· Led UUNET / Exodus project team to successful completion of co-location center build-out on a nationwide basis.
Intelsat Satellite Communications (1998 – 2000):
· Supported global network for facilities and users in 145 countries.
· Designed and implemented Cisco configurations for new internal and external networks and data circuits.
· Managed and monitored physical and logical configurations, and provided expert solutions to rapidly growing, complex, global Wide Area Network.
· Analyzed requirement in support of existing and future satellite space launches.
Sprint International (1997 – 1998):
· Provided 2nd and 3rd level support for 18,000 clients in isolating and troubleshooting communication problems for public and private nationwide ATM, Frame Relay, and x.25 WANs.
Network Operations Manger, Health Systems
1996 – 1997
Senior Network Consultant, Information Services
1995 – 1996
Network Instructor, University
1995 – 1996
Senior Network Engineer, Information Systems
1994 – 1995
Network Communications Specialist, ABC Corporation
1992 – 1994
Systems Analyst, BETA Computer Systems
1989 – 1991
Test Engineer, Circuit Manufactures, Inc.
1988 – 1989
Communications Operator, United States Army Reserve
1987 – 1990
Systems Engineer, Nology Computers
1987 – 1988
Systems Engineer, Guidance Systems, Inc.
1985 – 1986
Master of Science in Information Systems
City University - 1995
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
City University - 1985
Certification & Training
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Cisco Certified Network Professional – 2001 • Novell Certified Network Engineer - 1993