Registered Nurse Surgical
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
With Organizational & Time Management Strengths
Dedicated and patient-focused registered nursing professional offering comprehensive experience within hospital and long term care settings. Meticulous regard for detail and accuracy with strong follow-through and administrative skills. Maintain composure, and make decisions in fast-paced, unpredictable and stressful environments. Interface seamlessly with doctors, specialized support services, pharmacists, patients and visiting families. Resourceful in perceiving and resolving problems. Clear communicator, both written and oral. Without fail, projects a polished, positive and professional demeanor.
· Direct Patient Care
· Diagnosis & Treatment Care Planning
· Charting & Patient Documentation
· Patient & Family Communications
· Employee & Physician Relations
· Sound Decision Making
· Confidentiality Assurance
· Prioritize Workload
· Patient Teaching
· Solid Computer Skills
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
2002 - Present
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Collingwood, Ontario
Initially retained in a casual capacity to serve on the Medical Floor. Accepted for permanent, full time status in the Surgical Unit. Integral team member working 12-hour rotating shifts to provide comprehensive medical expertise. Assist registered staff with proper use of new computerized PCS system. Scope of primary nursing care is diverse including, but not limited to:
· Dispense Medications
· Admissions and Discharges
· Review Patient Medications
· Physical Assessments
· Monitor Post Operative Vitals
· Health Education and Teaching
· IV Maintenance
· Dressing Changes
· Monitor Central Lines
· Feed and Bath Patients
Stevenson Memorial Hospital, Alliston, Ontario
Selected directly upon graduation on a casual basis to work in the medical / surgery floor. Provided total care nursing. Worked all shifts.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
REGISTERED NURSE (3 year program)
Georgian College, Barrie, Ontario
· St. John Ambulance First Aid
· Respirator Mask Fit Test
· Novolin-Pen 3 (Insulin)
· Fire Safety
CLINICAL CONSOLIDATION EXPERIENCE
NURSE IN TRAINING
2001 - 2002
Royal Victoria Hospital, Barrie, Ontario
Gained valuable experience by completing three separate rotations in the Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Medical / Surgical floors at this busy facility. Facilitated and documented care for patients of all ages, from infants to geriatric.
· Provided client-centred care in cooperation with multi-disciplinary team.
· Performed initial assessments, charting, and ordering of lab work and/or x-rays as necessary.
· Interpreted test results, collaborated with physician preceptor as needed, and identified and validated diagnosis.
· Instructed patients in proper care and helped individuals take steps to improve or maintain their health.
· Adhered to hospital policy for all assessment documentation.
NURSE IN TRAINING – Community
2001 - 2002
Polished skills in calculating and administering medication for all residents. Created and developed health issue information pamphlets to residents.
PC / Mac - Word, Patient Care System, Medi Tech, Email and Internet Research.
Member in Good Standing – College of Nurses of Ontario
Audrey Field - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.resumeresources.ca