Project Manager It Solutions
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PROJECT MANAGER • IT SOLUTION ARCHITECT
Recognized for Productivity in Deadline-Dependent Environments
Exceptionally well-qualified senior IT professional with sophisticated technical skills and a passion for resolving complex problems or business challenges through innovation. Adept at maintaining focus on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing advanced technology and business solutions to meet a diversity of needs. Highly effective interpersonal and communication style.
· Productivity Improvement
· Team Leadership / Building
· Rapid Conflict Resolution
· Customer Relations Attitude
· Technology Needs Analysis
· Project Development
· Technical Support
· Quality Control
· Data Warehouse Administration
Recipient of IBM Canada Excellence Award and IBM Special Contribution Award
SHAWN AND EMILIE SOLUTIONS INC., Toronto, ON
2001 – present
Solution Architect and Project Manager
Selected as lead consultant to oversee architecture of a variety of IT solution projects based on solid expertise in lifecycle management from conception to completion. Technology deployed: Oracle, DB2 UDB, Essbase, SAS, Oracle Express, Oracle Discoverer, IBM Content Manager, IBM Websphere Application Server, SAP, Lawson Financials, Unix, Windows, SAN, LTO tape library
· Given leadership for $5 million IT infrastructure replacement project & team of 15 technical staff from various companies, ensuring meeting of both budget and client’s complex deployment plan.
· Architected $1 million IT infrastructure optimization solution reducing hardware maintenance and support costs by 50 %, melding leading edge technology for servers, SAN storage and tape library.
· Instrumental in providing architecture expertise to clients on appropriate IT solutions that would address their key business needs including document management solutions, business intelligence solutions and IBM e-business Framework based web applications.
SEARS CANADA, Ottawa, ON
1999 – 2001
Data Warehouse Consultant (Contract)
Appointed to lead and mentor junior team by providing consultation on end-to-end design, acquisition, development and implementation of the corporate data warehouse. Utilized flexibility and experience in all aspects of a data warehouse development projects to multitask assigned roles thereby enabling company to maximize output and minimize corporate expenditures. Technology deployed: DB2 UDB, Cognos PowerPlay, SAS, Informatica, Retek, MVS, Unix.
· Created IT architecture and application design specifications for data warehouse centralizing corporate sales data, allowing accurate daily sales forecast to high level management.
MANULIFE FINANCIAL, Ottawa, ON
1998 – 1999
Data Warehouse Consultant (Contract)
Retained to provide consulting on Manulife’s Corporate Data Warehouse Practice. Formalized data warehouse practice by implementing methodology, developing engagement framework for Manulife’s data warehouse practitioners and developing centralized reference repository. Technology deployed: Oracle, Cognos PowerPlay, Business Objects, Prism Data Warehouse Methodology, and UNIX.
· Reduced support effort by 20%, through implementation of recommended data warehouse technical infrastructure assessment on data access tools and systems management processes.
· Led consultation with stakeholders (Group Health, Reinsurance, Investments) on centralizing atomic data and production environment deployment standards, thereby saving time and effort through elimination of duplicity.
IBM CANADA, Montreal, PQ
1989 – 1998
Sales Representative (1997-1998)
Senior Data Warehouse Consultant (1994-1997)
Technical Consultant (1989-1993)
Nine-year career involving promotion through increasingly responsible positions with direct end-user contact. Advanced rapidly based on strong performance in aiding to plan, promote, architect, staff, budget and lead multi-million dollar IBM Solutions. Technology deployed: DB2, Oracle, Cognos, Micro Strategies, Business Objects, SAS, Prism ETL, Carleton ETL, MVS, Unix.
· Exceeded sales revenues by 25% through innovative management, of teams comprising of technical consultants & marketing support personnel, through lifecycle of IBM solutions: Data Warehousing, Fraud Detection, Internet and System Management.
· Instrumental in generation of over $25M through leadership of solution architecture involving liaison between numerous software vendors & project teams of 20 professionals.
· Spearheaded design, selling and implementation of IBM Canada’s largest data warehouse – 7TB, resulting in total revenue exceeding $10M.
· Acted as Database Administrator (projects using Oracle and DB2 databases) & programmer / analyst for mainframe & client server based applications, while managing project teams of + 30.
· Consulted on over 10 significant IBM Canada Data Warehousing proposals and architectures over 3-year period, validating application architecture in accordance with IBM’s Systems Assurance Review process.
Databases: Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS Access Business Intelligence Tools: Essbase, SAS, Oracle Express, Oracle Discoverer, Cognos PowerPlay, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Extract/Transform/Load: Prism, Carelton, Informatica, Sagent Software Packages: IBM Content Manager, IBM Websphere Application Server, Oracle 9iAS ERP software: Lawson Financials, SAP, Peoplesoft Data Modeling Tools:ERWin Methodologies: IBM Application Development methodology, Prism Data Warehouse Methodology, Productivity Plus Application development methodology
UNIX, MS Windows 2000, NT, OS/390
PL/I, C, Cobol
Development tools: Oracle Forms
IBM pSeries, Intel platforms, Mainframe
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT / CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Science Toronto University Toronto, On 1988
IBM DB2 Content Manager Solution Expert certified 2002
IBM Business Intelligence and RS/6000 certified, 2000
IBM e-business Solution Designer certified, 2000
Extensive additional professional courses including: Canadian Securities Institute Course (2001),
Data Warehouse Project Methodology, Application and Data Architecture, Multi-Dimensional Data Modeling, e-business Architecture, Application Development, Sales and Account Marketing, Data Warehousing, UNIX Technology
Nicole Miller - email@example.com - http://www.milroyconsultants.com