604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Reporter / Anchor with experience in broadcast news reporting and sub-anchoring, including Television News Reporter / Sub-Anchor and Production Assistant with all major affiliates. Skills include broadcast journalism, field and studio reporting, writing stories, public speaking, news research and production, developing creative story ideas, using and confirming sources, suggesting camera angles and shots, studio and sound techniques, and related electronic media functions.
• Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through generation of in-depth written reports and news stories / articles, excellent on-air speaking voice, and the ability to interact favorably with individuals from all backgrounds.
• Technical skills include knowledge of production equipment, Sony DXC-3000A and Panasonic WV-V3 cameras, editing equipment, TelePrompTers, and lighting equipment.
• Knowledgeable in computer operations and applications including News Star, IBM-PC and laptops, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, the Internet, and E-mail.
• Noted by station managers, professors, staff, and co-workers for superior job performance, creativity, solid work ethic, and timely completion of all assignments.
WXYZ-TV, New Orleans, Louisiana
1997 - Present
Television News Reporter / Sub-Anchor
• Handle wide range of broadcast duties including general field reporting, developing story ideas, interviewing community, civic, educational, and business leaders, coordinating schedules with production crews, as well as sub-anchoring and production duties.
• Won Press Club of New Orleans Award for Deadline News Story.
• Won First Place in the Journalism Competition for a feature story on the ongoing problem of motorists speeding through school zones.
• Received recognition for various series.
WDEF-TV, Columbus, Mississippi
1996 - 1997
Television News Reporter / Sub-Anchor / Producer
• Performed general field reporting on a variety of news assignments, topics, and stories for the morning news program, as well as 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00 o'clock broadcasts.
• Assigned numerous sub-anchoring assignments, extensive producing, and related broadcast journalism duties.
WGHI-TV, New Orleans, Louisiana
1995 - 1996
• Conducted interviews for 26 News broadcasts, writing for the morning news, assisting reporters and the executive producer, operating the TelePrompter, ripped and organized scripts, and working with anchorwoman for the 10:00 p.m. evening news broadcasts.
WJKL-TV, New Orleans, Louisiana
1994 - 1995
• Prepped guests and wrote for the morning show, gathered and edited information on financial markets and community announcements, operated the TelePrompTer, and worked with anchorwoman.
UNIVERSITY RADIO, New Orleans, Louisiana
1993 - 1994
News Writer / Announcer
Wrote and announced news for University's Department of Communications radio station on a variety of newsworthy and topical stories and subjects.
UNIVERSITY, New Orleans, Louisiana
1992 - 1993
Office Assistant / Receptionist
Performed various office and administrative duties, organized files, mailed documents and correspondence, answered phones, and other duties as assigned.
• Press Club of New Orleans
• Society of Professional Journalists
• New Orleans Association of Black Journalists
B.A., Mass Communications, Minor: Political Science
Concentration: Broadcast Journalism
Honors: Merit Scholar
Foreign Language: Conversational Spanish
Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Mass Communications, writing for the Mass Media, Beginning Reporting, Law of Public Communications, Broadcast Law, Broadcast News I and II, Production Theory and Practice, Professional Writing, TV News Studio, Mass Communications Theory and Research
Activities: High School Newspaper Editor
Honors: Selected as "Outstanding Journalism Student"
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - email@example.com