Assistant Project Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Thrive in high-pressure, variety-oriented environment. Valued team player who keeps others on task.
· Focus on results. Effectively identify and resolve problems using creativity and available resources. Tackle tough problems and follow through to satisfactory conclusion.
· Identify community resources available to public. Interact positively with a wide range of people of various ages, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Noteworthy organizational skills. Drive for correctness ensures accuracy in managing records.
· Prioritize workload and multi-task; flexible to changing priorities. Direct in approach to discovering information. Make objective decisions after analyzing data. Consider ramifications of decisions.
· Knowledgeable in computer operations, e.g., MS Word and Excel; Internet research and communication.
Mercer County Housing Authority – Sharon, Pennsylvania
2003 – Present
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
· Work on site to assist Community Manager in managing operation of 150-200 units in housing project(s) with tasks related to occupancy cycle, resident relations and project administration. Tasks include: inspect areas daily and report repairs needed; maintain file records; distribute notices to residents; perform move-in and move-out apartment inspections; calculate and update rents; prepare activity report to be submitted to supervisor; update resident data in computer network; supervise maintenance personnel, etc.
Community Counseling Center – Hermitage, Pennsylvania
EMPLOYMENT RESOURCE SPECIALIST
· Challenged to teach groups of 3-7 people with criminal history or mental health issues who were ordered by court to attend sessions on the process and procedures in finding jobs, e.g., how to look for jobs, fill out applications, prepare résumés, identify skills and the importance of attitude and communication skills.
ON-CALL RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM WORKER
· Supervised residents with mental health issues living in group homes. Monitored medication compliance, assisted with meals and bed checks, provided conversation and problem resolution. Documented activities.
Olympic Area Agency on Aging – Aberdeen, Washington
2002 – 2003
· Managed caseload of 70+ clients and 100 caregivers. Contacted clients, families and caregivers in person, by mail and by telephone to gather information and perform assessments for services. Determined client eligibility for state funded programs, e.g., COPES, MPC. Authorized services, e.g., home delivered meals, care givers, visiting nurses, environmental modifications, etc.
· Provided referrals for other community services, e.g., mental health, senior companions, etc.
· Assigned tasks to support staff. Collaborated with other community members and collateral contacts.
· Diligently documented all activities, e.g., phone calls, visits, etc.
Behavioral Health Resources – Olympia, Washington
2001 – 2002
LIFE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
· Taught life skills classes to groups of 6 adults with mental health diagnoses. Maintained records and completed daily documentation per regulations. Monitored medications.
Stolz Computers – Olympia, Washington
1992 – 1994
· Accurately prepared bank deposits and delivered to bank. Managed AR using Great Plains accounting software. Entered data in Excel for daily sales recap. Performed inventory, shipping and receiving tasks.
Daycare Assistant, Brenda’s Babies, 2003
Worked 10 hours per week; taught preschool children how to use the computer.
Comprehensive Development Plan, 2001
Participated in workshops to give input to plan in City of McCleary, Washington.
Playground Project, 1999
Wrote grant and participated in group to place order and install equipment.
Solicited marketing funds for City of McCleary, Washington
Girl Scout Leader, Pacific Peaks Girl Scout Council, 1997 – 1998
Prepared weekly projects and lessons for group of 5-6 year-old girls in Aberdeen, Washington.
Parent Volunteer, 1994 – 1995
Assisted teacher with 12 students in classroom of co-op preschool.
CERTIFICATION / CLEARANCES
First Aid • CPR • Child Abuse and Background Checks
EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION / TRAINING
Coursework toward M.A., Education, starting October 2004
City University – Vancouver, Washington
Counseling coursework toward M.A., Educational Psychology, 2003 - 2004
Slippery Rock University – Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
B.A., Social Sciences, 2002
Washington State University – Pullman, Washington
23 credits in Accounting, 1991 – 1993
South Puget Sound Community College