General Manager Technology
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Documented success in high profile management positions that govern critical production areas.
• Over 13 years of experience in all aspects of healthcare insurance operations and management.
• Adept in forecasting, budgeting, expense control, bid management, and maximizing profits.
• Astutely respond to rapidly changing situations with relentless focus on accomplishing goals.
• High-level client and international vendor management and business development support skills.
• Deadline-driven, quality-focused manager, demonstrating proactive leadership techniques
OPERATIONS / MANAGEMENT
• Skilled in planning, organizing and implementing start-up production and IT operations.
• Talented in managing high-tech assets/advanced technology and organizing large-scale projects.
• Advanced team-building skills along with strong training, developing, and mentoring abilities.
• Exceptional operational analysis, strategic/capacity planning, and decision-making strengths.
• Innovative creator of profit-enhancing cost control and efficiency measures to improve results.
TECHNOLOGY, INC, Big City, USA
1998 - 2002
With full P&L accountability, comprehensively managed a $20.5M, 58,000 s.f. outsourcing mailroom operation, which processes over 200,000 envelopes daily and 4.5 million medical claims monthly. Led an executive leadership team of 10 in directing a staff of 450 employees in a deadline-contingent, performance-critical environment that serviced 40 regional offices as part of two major outsourcing contracts with Healthcare America and Medical Experts.
• Championed the centralization and cost-effective streamlining of 50 regional mailroom operations.
• Spearheaded and developed a new mailroom in San Antonio including IT set-up and staff training.
• Launched $250K mailroom expansion project, coordinating all facets of a customized build-out.
• Instituted and managed a new internal payroll system that tied compensation to production.
• Promoted from an Assistant Manager position within one year based on implementing high-impact improvements in team-building, employee efficiency, operational work flow, and IT strategy.
• Analyzed P&L statements, reviewing both budgets and production-related projections daily.
• Directed the production and facility management of a 3-shift, 7 days a week operation which included equipment maintenance/upgrades and asset management of 15 Kodak7500 image scanners.
• Key role in determining customer pricing and profit feasibility of assuming 26 new projects.
• Partnered with outsourcing vendors abroad to manage jointly-supported production flows despite often unstable foreign markets to ensure the achievement of unforgivable, interdependent metrics.
• Oversaw 3 remote customer mailroom operations, requiring multi-operations management skills.
• Instrumental role in securing major contract; participated in designing pricing and specifying equipment/facility/manpower requirements; awarded new mailroom contract over 3 other sites.
• Key influencer in new business growth that precipitated additional contracts related to check tracking/reconciliation, provider credentialing, document storage/retrieval, imaging, dental mail.
• Improved management/employee communications by instituting coffee talks/monthly meetings.
• Initiated innovative recruiting program with Hispanic community that increased workforce by 60.
• Mentored and transformed Team Leaders into Managers, who earned corporate promotions.
Results & Accolades:
• Achieved 100% success in delivering a 24-hour processing turn-around for 20 out of 21 months while exceeding quality goals in all 6 major categories with 98% accuracy for 4 consecutive years.
• Increased profit margin from 10.6% in 1999 to 13.2% in 2002, overachieving 2002 goal by 22.4%.
• Dramatically increased revenues from $3.7M to $9.5M in 3 years, outpacing 2001 goal by 24.6%.
• Restructured production programs, developed internal data capture controls, instituted improved processes, and redefined job descriptions to decrease payroll costs from 45% to less than 38%.
• Earned Presidents Club, the company,s highest managerial award, all three years of eligibility.
• Received $38,000 in client-awarded performance bonuses in 2001 and $40,000 in 2002.
• Decreased employee turnover rate from 18% to less than 5% in one year.
• Managed all IT operations including database management, hardware/system maintenance, networking, software development, contingency planning, and technology optimization.
• Key role in developing and managing website/servers with real-time customer reporting/metrics.
• Designed 30+ database queries in Seagate Crystal and Excel to support internal/client reporting, production monitoring, and payroll functions, some of which required real-time web interface.
• Initiated/managed relocation of IT department from production floor to highly-secured location.
• Oversaw major conversion from Access to SQL server database and managed a core technology upgrade that included transferring to cable and re-networking a 50-PC, 5 server infrastructure.
• Implemented contingency plan with a RAID-5 back-up system and higher-powered generator.
HEALTHCARE INTERNATIONAL, Big City, USA
1985 - 1998
SUPERVISOR, Administrative Department
Directed a team of 45 staff in diverse mailroom management and document control functions including mail archiving, information processing, organization, and distribution. Managed vendor relationships with offshore, outsourced data entry providers.
• Initiated process improvements and streamlined procedures, reducing staff from 45 to 25.
• Centralized the microfilm archiving unit and eliminated redundant processes.
• Planned and executed a successful corporate relocation of a 200-employee Service Center.
• Selected for National Task Force to outsource the mailroom and claims data entry function; masterminded new mail routing procedures and assisted in designing manuals/quality programs.
SUPERVISOR, Customer Service Team
Managed large client healthcare plans, ensuring proper benefits administration for two major accounts. Led a team of 12 in providing customer support to clients with unionized employees. Attended 50 Union meetings to communicate employee benefit coverage, interfacing frequently with Union Reps and Client Administrative teams. Received Client,s Service Recognition Award.
SPECIAL TASK FORCE (Overseas)
One of 7 selected for an elite start-up team out of 30 regional offices. Key contributor in the launch of new overseas offices. Assisted in hiring and training Claims Processors; evaluated personnel to in order to build a quality staff and management team.
Traveled to 5 offices nationwide conducting formal claims processing training for Claims Processors. Demonstrated strong presentation and training skills.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CLAIMS PROCESSOR
Expeditiously handled customer call management, fielding complaints, resolving discrepancies, researching problems, and responding to inquiries. Performed data entry and management of medical claims payments.
* Acquired previous management and leadership experience with Fast Food Corporation and Large Retailer America in Big City, USA, 1981-1985.
CITY COLLEGE, Big City, USA
*Self-financed 100% of education through full-time employment
Proficient in Access, SQL, Windows NT, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Crystal, Web Design
PRWRA Gayle Oliver - EXECUME, Inc. - 3400 Peachtree Road, NE Suite 549 - Atlanta, GA 30326 - (404) 233-1467 - (404) 262-3814 fax - firstname.lastname@example.org