Computer Technician Best
18293 Sunset Circle, Ocean Beach, CA 92113 / Tel# (619) 555-0065 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer support technician with over eight years experience providing technical assistance to business professionals. Demonstrated ability to integrate computer skills, customer support experience, and related education to exceed technical, business, and customer requirements. Skilled at troubleshooting and fixing problems while minimizing customer stress levels. Professionally certified by CompTIA and Microsoft.
· Desktop Systems
· Help Desk Operations
· Support Techniques
· Customer Service
· System Maintenance
· System Tuning
· Component Repair
· Microsoft Windows
· Microsoft Office
· Microsoft Networking
INDUSTRIAL SAVINGS & LOAN, San Diego, CA
1999 - Present
Assisted financial and office personnel with hardware and software problems, provided troubleshooting, and owned desktop and network issues to resolution. Performed maintenance of personal computers and peripheral equipment, identifying problems and providing appropriate solutions. Installed operating systems and applications and conducted technical training demonstrations.
· Built, maintained, and repaired computer systems to improve speed, reliability, and efficiency of operation.
· Demonstrated high quality, results-driven, prompt, and professional customer service and support to instill confidence in technical advice and directions.
· Reduced stress levels of customers by adopting a cooperative attitude and positive approach to every task and assignment.
· Received numerous customer commendations and awards.
HELIX INTERNATIONAL, San Diego, CA
1996 - 1999
Help Desk Analyst
Staffed newly formed Help Desk function to provide assistance to computer users via telephone and e-mail. Maintained trouble-ticket system to record and track user calls and e-mails. Reported on common problems and complaints, escalating network-wide troubles to Lead Technician.
· Collected frequently asked questions and wrote formal answers to ensure accuracy of responses and consistency with other Help Desk personnel.
· Analyzed frequent problems and consulted with Training Coordinator to design and offer training sessions in order to address the problems.
· Actively tracked and followed up on trouble tickets, reducing average response time from three days to two hours.
· Prototyped system upgrades to identify potential problems and learned to operate and troubleshoot new systems.
LIBRARY TECHNOLOGIES, INC., El Cajon, CA
1995 - 1996
Provided desktop support for specialized hardware and software systems used in public libraries. Built LAN servers and workstations. Installed and configured Citrix Winframe and Metaframe workstations. Configured software according to each librarian’s needs.
· Created and edited documentation for installation and training manuals.
· Provided client training for online catalog software to ensure positive initial experience.
· Designed fault tolerant disks for clients in case of hard drive failure. Minimized non-productive time due to equipment failure by 28%.
· Increased visibility of librarian programs and services by creating Web sites.
· Migrated users from Windows NT 3.51 to Windows Terminal Server NT 4.0.
BRADFORD BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, El Cajon, CA
1994 - 1995
Technical Support Specialist
Provided technical assistance to 125 staff, assisting with network access, printing, and application software operation. Assisted IT Coordinator with administration of a network of more than 145 workstations, spanning three locations. Performed routine maintenance and user file backups.
· Followed departmental procedures to purchase, configure, and install new and recycled hardware systems, maintaining corporate standards for system compatibility.
· Implemented a relational database system to maintain inventory records for hardware and software, ensuring software license compliance for all installations.
· Assembled system and software application documentation, informing users of training opportunities in the corporate learning center.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
San Diego State University, San Diego, California
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), 1994
Microsoft Office User Specialist: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, FrontPage
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Professional
CompTIA A+ Certified Service Professional