Civil Structural Engineer Best
192 High Street, New York, NY 01644 / Tel# (207) 555-8833 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil / Structural Engineer
Lead Structural Engineer with over ten years construction experience including regional and international projects specifically related to the power industry. Managed all technical aspects of highly complex construction projects. Quickly solved problems and made decisions using site data, design goals, and local and industry standards. Highly developed technical expertise with full range of engineering and project management software knowledge.
· Establishment of Master Plan to direct civil/structural design and construction activities.
· Site supervision and effective management of engineering personnel.
· Ability to handle all site civil work, from execution to hand-over phase.
· Technical expert with Staad/Pro, Robot Millennium, Safe, PCA-Col, Prokon, Powline, PCI-Mat, Xsteel, AutoCad, DesignCad, Visio, Excel, Word, Project, and GIS.
STERLING INDUSTRIES, INC., New York, NY
1998 – Present
Civil / Structural Engineer
Supervised two civil engineers, guided structural decisions, provided design support, and approved final design work. Managed two-year, $10M project to successful completion.
· Managed and directed a team of six engineers, successfully completing all projects on-time and under budget.
· Managed all cutting and work schedules for steel and civil work to guarantee just-in-time supply without delays or storage issues.
· Maintained the quality of work to ensure strict adherence to Municipality Regulations.
· Implemented and enforced work schedule, completing 92% of tasks on-time or earlier.
ADAMS AND WILSON CONSTRUCTION, New York, NY
1995 – 1998
Served as Structural Design Engineer for $6B international project involving design of telecommunications towers for Microwave, GSM, and SRS systems. Verified all shop drawings and designed tower foundations and modifications for RC buildings, requiring complicated, challenging, and creative structural engineering analysis approaches and solutions.
· Implemented pre-tensile beams and hollow core for large spans. Designed latticed steel structures, including cable Gantries (portiques) and towers connecting the main line to the station (380/132/33 KV).
· Achieved 24% cost savings by improving solutions, researching lower prices, controlling quality, and maintaining schedules.
· Maintained ACI-318, ASCE, and UBC standards using Staad/Pro, Prokon, and Excel software to manage project tasks.
FRANKLIN, & JACKSON ENGINEERING, INC., New York, NY
1992 - 1995
Designed equipment buildings with extensive electromechanical requirements, including slab and wall openings, trenches, basements, rafts, overhead cranes, and various embedments. Designed to anticipate extreme vibration and dynamic loads. Analyzed topographic aerial photographs for data points.
· Issued complete shop drawings for all designs observing strict ACI-318, UBC and ASCE standards for concrete, and EIA-222, AISC, ASCE standards for steel structures.
· Redesigned 3 main buildings with a better solution for the main steam turbine building, the workshop building, and the administration building.
· Conducted and evaluated experiments and models to make reliable recommendations.
· Prepared “method of procedure” reports for various stages of construction to ensure safety.
G. E. WILLIAMS GENERAL CONTRACTORS, New York, NY
1990 - 1992
Supported projects including recreational harbor expansion, highway repair, and residential dwelling enhancements. Provided technical support, assisted with tender stage and preliminary solution proposals, created detailed project drawings, and solved various construction difficulties.
· Produced shop drawings to support sub-contractor bid and development permit processes.
· Attended commission and planning board meetings to supply detailed technical background for development plans.
· Managed reproduction and organization of all project blueprints to ensure ready access to design and working drawings.
Master of Science (Structural Engineering), 1995
Long Island University, New York, New York
Bachelor of Science (Architecture), 1990
Manhattan College, New York, New York
AFFILIATIONS, LICENSES, AWARDS
· New York State professional engineering license
· Passed NCEES structural engineering examinations
· American Public Works Association (APWA)
· American Society of Civil Engineers
· Outstanding Performance Award, City of New York, 2000