Customer Operations Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking technical support or helpdesk position where award-winning experience, proven skills and superior work ethic will add value. Accustomed to long hours in pursuit of company goals.
· Strong technical support background includes troubleshooting and repair of networks, hardware and software. Special expertise in Windows-based network servers.
· Superior skills in communication and customer service. Experienced maximizing productivity by working effectively with both internal and external customers.
· Software: Veritas Backup Exec, Symantec Ghost 7, PC Anywhere, Microsoft Office 97/2000/XP, Exchange and Outlook.
· Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet and hubs.
· Operating Systems: Windows 9X/ME/NT/2000, Novell NetWare 4.5/5.0, UNIX and MPE.
· A+ Certification: Core Hardware and Operating Systems (2002).
· Bachelor of Science: Telecommunications Management, Devry Institute of Technology, Addison, IL (2001). GPA: 3.3. Dean’s List multiple terms while working 30-35 hours weekly. Course work included introduction to computers, system components, software, Windows, UNIX and other operating systems; network structures and data systems.
Customer Operations Specialist: DataCentral, Centerville, IL
Provide service and remote support to corporate customers using SBC phone systems.
· Handpicked to provide desktop and Novell 5.0 networking support to department.
· Employee of The Month in June 2002 for handling greatest number of technical support issues (1,364 calls) among team of 15 technicians. Awarded after only two months in position.
Data Center Operator: First Insurance, Centerville, IL
Maintained and monitored network servers during second shift, working independently.
· Provided troubleshooting of network and server issues. Proactively assisted with help desk duties, supporting printers, hardware, software and related technical issues.
· Backed up and restored vital data on Windows NT/2000 and HP 3000 MPE mainframe.
· Played key role in successful upgrade of 300 PCs. Installed, tested and deployed Windows 2000 and related software. Documented changes and trained end-users. As a result of streamlined operations, eliminated need for one full-time support employee.
· Streamlined data backup and restoration procedures. Worked with programmers to test and build monitoring application. Wrote documentation and training guidelines. As a result, cut monitoring times by 25%, while reducing average support calls from over 10 per month to one.
Prior experience as Assistant Supervisor for DataPro, Inc. while attending school.