Meeting Planning Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Meeting Planning • Conferences • International Events • Fund-raising • Golf Tournaments
Creative professional with expertise in all aspects of successful event / program planning, development, and management. Excel in managing multiple projects concurrently with strong detail, problem solving and follow-through capabilities. Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and build cohesive teams that achieve results. Sourced vendor, negotiated contracts and managed budgets. Superb written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills. First-class client relation and teaming skills. Proficient in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Publisher, MeetingTrak and Corel WordPerfect.
Meeting Planning Management
Planned and coordinated government, association and private conferences, meetings, events and fund-raisers. Coordinated all conference activities, workshops, meetings, tours, and special events. Trained, directed, and supervised teams to accomplish goals. Saved $72,000 on most recent meeting.
• Team Leader coordinated 10-26 annual workshops for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
• Coordinated 2001 National Conference on Smoking and Health. (2000 participants)
• Organized 6,000 participant national annual conferences.
• Coordinated Global Scholarship Pre-Conference Training for 200 third world participants.
• Developed and supervised education sessions at CSI's 1998 National Convention.
• Directed CSI's National Seminar Series.
Team leader coordinated production, distribution, and grading of exam materials. Supervised registration and tracking of continuing education units. Negotiated hotel and vendor contracts. Prepared and administered budgets. Arranged all on-site logistics, including transportation, accommodations, meals, guest speakers and audiovisual support. Consistently come under budget for each meeting planned.
• Developed and maintained 5,000-person database.
• Developed, promoted, and implemented CSI's National Certification Program.
• Managed logistics for a Regional Pacific Training in Guam.
Team player in the development, promotion and implementation of membership and retention programs for BUILD-PAC. Coordinated PAC fundraising events. Supervised high-donor club fulfillment benefits. Provided updated donor reports.
• Coordinated 2 PAC fundraising golf tournaments.
EVENTS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1994 - Present
Conferences / Meetings / Program Coordinator
• Health & Human Services Department's Administration on Children, Youth and Families Grant Review Contract
• Food and Drug Administration
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• National Library of Medicine
• Housing & Urban Development Grant Review Contract
• CSI National Seminar Series
• CSI 1995 & 1996 National Conventions and Exhibits
CORPORATE SCIENCES, Rockville, Maryland
2000 - Present
Senior Conference Specialist
ROCKVILLE CONSULTING GROUP, Arlington, Virginia
1997 - 2000
CONSTRUCTION SPECIALISTS ASSOCIATION, Arlington, Virginia
1994 - 1996
Senior Conference Coordinator
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PIPE WELDERS, Washington, D.C.
Assistant Coordinator of Education Programs
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE & STATE UNIVERSITY, Blacksburg, VA
B.S., Exercise, Minor: Psychology
Go Members Inc. MeetingTrak Certification - 2001
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) - Pending Jan. 2002
PRWRA Cory Edwards - Partnering For Success, LLC - Sterling, Virginia 20165 - Resumes4results.com - Resumewriter@aol.com - 703-444-7835 - 703-444-2005 fax