604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Librarian Technical Assistant with over eight years of Public Library experience. Works with patrons, management, co-workers, and outside library personnel. Noted for management, technical, and supervisory skills. Highlights include:
• Research scientific and technical information requests using reference tools and computer services.
• Perform all aspects of coordinating interlibrary loans.
• Collection development including science materials, CD's, books, maps, and microfiche.
• Knowledge of OCLC and other online library information systems.
• Proven ability to analyze, determine necessary corrections, and make recommendations to provide solutions for library practices.
• Teach classes on library skills and database searching to school groups and library patrons through public schools and community education programs.
- Have written and been awarded several grants for books, programs, and materials for traveling displays.
- Expanded the interlibrary loan number by 100% within the past three years.
- Expert in searching OCLC and other databases.
- Conducted mercury contamination research and report writing for the National Science Foundation.
Public Library, Idaho Falls, Idaho
1994 - Present
Librarian Technical Assistant
• Assist patrons with research, computers, and word processing.
• Provide materials for patrons - help with online searches using the Internet and other databases.
• Process nationwide interlibrary loans using OCLC.
• Aid in collection development and purchase of special collections as well as current adult reading materials and library software.
• Responsible for all materials sent to the bindery.
• Keep statistics for interlibrary loans; supervise Library Pages, and secure the Library at night.
College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho
Bachelor of Science, Biology
Boise State University, Idaho Falls, Idaho
George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
Awarded Scholarship for a "Women in Science" Masters Level Physics Program.
Eastern Idaho Technical College, Idaho Falls, Idaho. Grant Writing, Beginning and Intermediate Word, Beginning Excel, Creating Web Pages, and Windows File & Disk Management. (2000-2001)
Workshops: Gates Foundation Training - Internet Searches, PowerPoint, Teleconferences including Soaring to Excellence Series, FirstSearch and Lili Database Searching.