Director Of Sports Medicinee
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Rehabilitation Specialist and Exercise Physiologist with in-depth knowledge of occupational, rehabilitation, exercise, and sports medicine. More than twenty years proven leadership skills in developing staff, implementing programs, managing teams and projects and initiating process improvements.
• Staff coaching and development: in both formal training and daily supervision.
• Team leadership and participation: proven ability to contribute to cross-functional initiatives and maintain a focus on established goals.
• Communication and presentation skills: both internally and externally; demonstrated ability to represent customers¡¦ viewpoint and to communicate value.
• Organization and time management: flexibility in the face of changing priorities.
Manning and Associates, Des Moines, IA
2000 - Present
DIRECTOR OF OCCUPATIONAL & SPORTS MEDICINE
• Assisted PTs, LPNs, PTTs with daily operations and clinical procedures.
• Revised current job descriptions and job description analysis for existing companies on PRN basis.
• Performed visits by Certified Athletic Trainer to local schools.
• Arranged for coverage and exposure at local sports events.
• Developed comprehensive training and physical therapy programs for local schools.
• Assisted in development of protocols for companies to decrease worker's compensation costs.
Memorial Hospital, Des Moines, IA
1995 - 2000
COORDINATOR OF CARDIAC/PULMONARY REHAB & SPORTS MEDICINE
• Reorganized physical setup of rehab program.
• Ordered / purchased equipment for new facility.
• Worked with Parkinson's support group.
• Participated in community education program.
• Taught monthly safety class.
• Implemented employee exercise program and reimplemented education program.
• Served on Blue Print Committee for new facility.
• Increased census of Cardiac Rehab program by 200%.
• Organized sideline coverage of parish high schools.
• Organized annual Iberia Parish Physicals Day for up to 900 students.
• Provided game day coverage for US Track and Field Championship, New Orleans, LA.
• Implemented education program for recreation league coaches (all sports, statewide); taught sports first aid classes to coaches.
Cardiovascular Fitness Center, General Hospital, Des Moines, IA
1990 - 1995
SENIOR EXERCISE SPECIALIST
• Developed and evaluated Health Force program for public safety personnel.
• Developed evaluation/testing of workers at chemical industry plant and implemented sports medicine program.
• Covered sponsored athletic events. Reached goal of 1,000 coaches taught in Sports First-Aid for Volunteer Coach program.
• Served on curriculum development committee for American College of Sports Medicine.
• Implemented strength training and balance coordination programs into Cardiac Rehab.
• Developed medical education booklet for public school personnel.
• Developed budget plan for Center's equipment purchases.
• Assisted in design of outpatient rehab program.
• Committee Chairman, Legislative Licensing Committee for Clinical Exercise Physiologists.
• Co-Coordinator, Cardiac Rehab Symposium III
• Coordinator, Sports Medicine Project.
• Member, Committee for Diabetes Care and Education.
• Team Member, Education Outreach.
Lincoln, Beale, and Frank Physicians, Iowa City, IA
1981 - 1990
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
M.S., Exercise Science / Cardiac Rehab
University of Central Iowa, Ames, Iowa
B.S., Health and Physical Education
A.T.C. - Athletic Trainer Certified
C.E.P. - Licensed Clinical Exercise Physiologist
A.C.L.S. - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
American College of Sports Medicine
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab
American Heart Association, former Vice President of local chapter
American Diabetes Association, former Vice President of local chapter
Iowa Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab, former State President
Iowa Association of Exercise Physiologists, Founding President
Iowa Athletic Trainers Association
National Athletic Trainers Association
Co-authored published studies - Exercise and Heart Dimensions
• Presented project to IA Sports Medicine Society for possible statewide use.
Selected by U.S. Olympic Committee to serve as:
Athletic Trainer, US Olympic Festival (1990)
Trainer, Olympic Training Center (1989)
Host Trainer, Pan American Games (1987)