Office Administrator Court System
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Position utilizing solid training, skills, and experience in office administration, records management, and staff supervision, building on over 20 years experience in government and legal settings.
• Manage full range of administrative and office operations for municipal and court offices, including coordinating schedules, preparing correspondence, generating reports, responding to inquiries, and handling telephone calls.
• Provide administrative support to Justices with responsibility for all clerical and operational activities.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills by handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting.
• Supervise office support staff and monitor performance to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Motivate and assist office staff to achieve maximum productivity.
• Facilitate staff training to improve communication, teamwork, and clerical skills.
• Schedule office workers' assignments to guarantee coverage and ensure work is completed on a timely basis.
• Utilize computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, the Internet, and Windows 2000.
• Receive incoming calls and either address issues or direct callers.
City of Seattle, Seattle, Washington
1998 - Present
Principal Clerk/Typist - Assessor's Office
Provided supervision and training of clerical support staff. Oversaw payroll, annual budget, acquisitions, and accounts/payable. Assisted the public with information and guidance for filing exemptions and grievances regarding assessments.
• Created and implemented an Access program for payroll and an Excel program for accounts/payable, resulting in greater accuracy and efficiency.
• Overhauled database of city residents and improved accessibility to records.
• Assisted in the creation of a sales/receivables computer system.
• Promoted from Justice Court to Assessor's Office.
1990 - 1998
Responsible for all financial aspects of the Justice Court, including serving as Civil Clerk to Judge Schenker. Supervised the clerical staff and trained all new employees. Worked closely with local, State, and Federal police agencies, as well as the District Attorney's Office. Assisted the public with information about functions and procedures of the Justice Court.
• Assisted in the introduction of computer system to expedite reporting to the State.
• Streamlined accounts/payable system and eliminated costly and unnecessary procedures.
• Promoted from Clerk/Typist to Senior Clerk/Typist to Senior Accounting Clerk to Bookkeeper to Principal Clerk/Typist.
Town of Woodlawn, Woodlawn, Washington
1987 - 1990
Served as Bench Clerk for the Town of Woodlawn Justices. Maintained the Court calendar and prepared all State reports. Managed jury trials from the filing of the complaint until final disposition. Worked in conjunction with all police agencies and the District Attorney's Office.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Seattle Community College, Seattle, Washington
A.A.S., Business Administration
Graduated with Distinction
Courses included: Business Organization, Shorthand I and II, Quantitative Business Methods, Accounting Principles I and II, Business Law I and II, Small Business Management, Marketing, Micro- and Macroeconomics, Computer Applications in Business, Principles of Management, Business Finance, Investments, Business Systems, and Business Law
Professional Development training in:
Tactics and Tips in Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Office Ergonomics, Sexual Harassment, Leadership Development, and How to Handle Difficult People
Court Clerks Association
Spokane Association of Assessing Officers
PRWRA Freddie Cheek - Cheek & Cristantello Career Connections - email@example.com