Occupational Therapy Assistant
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
KEEN INTEREST IN SALES
Manufacturer’s Rep • Inside Sales • Outside Sales • Customer Service
· Confident, high-energy individual with a passion for sales. Influence others through knowledge, interest and attitude. Quick study for new products and services. Able to spearhead product plans, marketing strategies and product positioning for targeted marketplace.
· Capable in using expansive communication skills and resourcefulness to market ideas and products; to demonstrate superior product knowledge and integrity, and to close sales. Possess skills to conduct market research, monitor competitive activity, identify customer requirements and establish pricing strategies.
· Service-oriented, organized and accurate working under pressure. Prioritize workload and multi-task in busy work environment. Flexible to changing priorities; exceptional time management skills. Diligent, enthusiastic, dependable. Knowledgeable with third-party insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare regulations.
· Keen communication skills, interpersonal skills and friendly personality facilitate ready establishment of rapport and sense of trust with a wide range of people of various cultures, ages and socio-economic backgrounds. Reliable team member who is comfortable leading, collaborating or training/teaching. Able to work unsupervised. Identify and resolve problems using available resources.
· Proficient in general computer skills. Knowledgeable in use of ultrasound, electric stimulation, iontophoreses, LIDO, fluid therapy, paraffin bath, whirlpool, etc.
Sharon Regional Health System – Sharon, Pennsylvania
1999 – Present
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT, Occupational Therapy Department
· Assess activities of daily living for patients of 150-bed skilled nursing, acute and rehab facility. Collaborate with other disciplines to provide continuum of comprehensive care. Attend interdisciplinary meetings with nurses, physicians, social workers, dietary and other therapeutic staff. Assist OTR in evaluations of various injuries.
· Manage caseload of 10–18 patients per day with a variety of illnesses and injuries, i.e., Parkinson’s, CVAs, ortho, spinal cord, brain injuries, cardiac, etc. Instruct patients and families regarding care.
· Originated Activities of Daily Living Program that—at no cost to the department—helped patients achieve maximum potential of independence from a functional standpoint and brought in money to the department.
· Supervise 8+ occupational therapy students and rehabilitation aides/techs. Train staff and students in use of ultrasound/electric stimulation machines.
· Perform supply chain management (purchasing, supplier sourcing, contract negotiations, inventory control) for adaptive equipment and splints. Complete paperwork to bill insurance and Medicare.
· Make presentations at Rehab Task Force, interdisciplinary meetings and at health fairs in the Shenango Valley area. Serve on employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction committees.
· Facilitate use of modalities. Update patients’ home exercise programs as needed to move patients closer to independence normal to their routine and to facilitate improved quality of life.
Alliance Rehab – Oak Brook, Illinois
2001 – Present
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
· Assess activities of daily living for clients in St. Paul Homes, Greenville, Pennsylvania facility. Prepare daily and weekly reports and write discharge notes, documentation and summaries.
· Ordered and billed adaptive equipment. Instructed patients and families regarding care.
CERTIFICATIONS / CLEARANCES / PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Department of State Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (PA, OH)
Certified in Functional Individual Measurements (FIM) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Act 34/35 Clearance - Child Abuse and Criminal Background Checks
National Board of Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
B.S., 2003, Human Resources, Geneva College – Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
A.S., 1999, Occupational Therapy, Penn State College – Sharon, Pennsylvania
Jane Roqueplot - email@example.com - http://www.janecos.com