VP Sales and Marketing Retail
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Leadership role as Vice President of Sales and Marketing or Director of Global Business Development.
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT / SALES & MARKETING
20 years of experience in sales, marketing, and new business development in highly competitive industries, as primary distributor, supplier, and retail merchandising strategist. Possess a demonstrated record of increased customer base, enhanced consumer satisfaction, and significant company profit. Able to identify, research, and promote new business ideas within diverse product and international environments.
Weatherstone Products, Inc., Gary, Indiana
1981 - 2001
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
• Began tenure with 8 contracts and established partnerships with 5500 retailers, including but not limited to Hallmark, Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens N Things, Crate & Barrel, Coach, Longaberger Baskets, Ace & True Value Hardware, Kohls, Wal Mart, and Target.
• Identified, trained, and managed a sales staff of 160, revenue grew from $750K to $10M+ per year.
• Discerning sense of customer need led to custom product development which generates in excess of $10M additional revenue per year.• Identified and negotiated license agreements with over 100 artists, making Weatherstone the world leader in 'licensed artist' contract relationships.
• Developed strategies to build small regional operations to global leader in the 'gifts' industry.
• Served as key liaison to analyze diverse markets and develop relevant promotional, public relations, and e-market capabilities for 'created and custom' products.
• Coordinated distributor relationships to expand product presence into United Kingdom, Europe and Asia.
Santa Maria Corporation, Gary, Indiana
1977 - 1981
Business Analyst/Acquisitions Coordinator
• Established research and business proposals that increased market share growth from 2% to over 10%, making Santa Maria the national leading logistics company.
• Served as key liaison between senior management, investors, and public in identifying business expansion opportunities, through Merger and Acquisition.
Dun and Bradstreet, Inc., Gary, Indiana
Served as field research staff to investigate business plans, analyze growth, and report demographic trends and market insights for nation leading 'business reporting organization.'
Windhan College, Putney, Vermont
Bachelor of Arts
Additional Professional Training
Leadership development, management, negotiations, computer business applications, finance, merchandising, communications, manufacturing regulatory compliance, business and ethical conduct, and conflict resolution.