Regional Sales Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Ability to influence, motivate and lead people - staff, prospects, customers, vendors - through effective communication and personal interaction skills.
• Set and achieve ambitious goals, both individually and through staff leadership.
• Consistently successful in identifying and capitalizing upon market opportunities to drive revenue and profit growth. Effective customer liaison with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient in advertising, marketing, and customer relations. Extensive sales management and training experience.
• Sales and Marketing Leadership • New Business Development
• Key Account Management • Account Retention
• Human Resources • Negotiations
• Develop strategy, oversee team and individual sales performance and manage daily sales activities.
• Conduct market research and devise effective sales strategies to identify and maximize opportunities for increased efficiency and profitability.
• Select, hire, train, coach and manage highly motivated individuals and give tools and training necessary to succeed.
• Direct sales staff in forecasting and setting sales goals. Focus on the individual skills and needs of each account executive, executing an individual strategy for each.
• Encourage sales through creative incentives while relying primarily on staff professionalism and self-motivation.
• Promote positive ongoing customer relationships and serve as a problem-solver and resource to customers.
• Communicate to sales staff a focus on customer service and communication.
MAXWELL CORPORATION, Mobile, AL
1996 - Present
Regional Sales Manager
• Effectively managed a five state sales territory and personally handled 26 national accounts, while maintaining consistently high levels of sales performance and customer satisfaction.
• Led and mentored a diverse 19-member sales team (approximately 60 accounts per), focusing on maximizing performance through training, motivation, inspiration, and effective supervision.
• Created and nurtured a well-balanced, diverse, focused team through motivation, leadership, training, and establishment of sales process as the foundation for business success.
• Consistently received annual bonus due to yearly sales increases.
• #1 Region in the nation (out of 16 regions), 133% of quota, 1999.
• Revitalized and strengthened key account relationships, which accelerated revenue growth and improved market position.
MANNING TECHNOLOGIES, Birmingham, AL
1993 - 1996
Assistant Branch Manager / Regional Project Manager
HELIX INC., New Orleans, La
1989 - 1993
Counter Sales / Project Supervisor
GOLDMAN'S PRESSURE TESTING, New Orleans, LA
1987 - 1989
Hydrostatic Test Operator / Sales Representative
THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA, Lafayette, LA
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
ARMY NATIONAL GUARD 1985 to Present
Air Assault Company Commander / CPT - Active Duty January 2000 to August 2001
Captain / Infantry Commander, 1995 to Present
Infantry Commander, 1985 to 1995
Meritorious Service Award, Army Commendation (4), Army Achievement (3)
Big Brothers / Big Sisters