Teacher of The Deaf and Hard of Hearing
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Multi-school system, state or county educational position that will focus on teaching and training of continuing learning programs for the deaf and hard of hearing.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Expertise to lead others in continuing learning (deaf & hard of hearing) educational growth.
• Effective planner, who defines priorities, develops strategies, leads and manages a diverse classroom.
• Keen understanding of products that permit analysis, creative problem resolutions, and development/deployment of classroom.
• Excellent ability to track information (account) and build effective visual and written documents/presentations based on extensive work with the deaf and hard of hearing as an instructor and teacher.
• Proven professional who utilizes articulate communication, strong organizational and diplomatic negotiation skills to achieve quality results and ongoing relationships.
• Technical skills include: Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various proprietary educational and tutorial packages for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• Seek professional growth through continuing education and workshops.
• Community CPR and First Aid Training; Sign Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) - training conducted by National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID). Rating: Intermediate Plus.
• Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) Training.
• Certificate of Completion in Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse and Maltreatment.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT ALBANY, Albany, NY
M.S., Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY, Canton, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Speech and Hearing Science
SFB INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Wilmington, NC
2000 - Present
Relay Operator/Communication Assistant
• Responsible for relay operations and communications. Worked for the deaf and hard of hearing customers in multiple states.
FERNDALE SCHOOL, Tangier, NY
1999 - 2000
Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
• Responsible for the training of deaf and hard of hearing students in multiple areas, including: math, reading, language arts, and social sciences. Continually provided home-based services and parent education for an early intervention program.
• Creatively developed and implemented individual educational plans and behavior intervention plans for students.
• Performed ongoing assessments and modifications based on the educational analysis of each student.
• Analyzed and utilized educational materials and resources for the classroom curriculum.
ACME SERVICES, Albany, NY
1997 - 1999
Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
• Planned lessons and met with groups of students everyday; designed lesson plans for each group based on the specifications needed for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• Supervised and evaluated instructional assistants and educational interpreter.
• Special project successes included helping write a winning grant proposal that led to new Parent Education and Sign Language Funding. Instituted this program for rural families and students.
• Designed and incorporated interdisciplinary units based on the most innovative methods available.
• Event planning focus included successfully recruiting deaf education specialists to participate in Support Service Personnel Annual Conference of 250+ professionals.
GEO SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF, Recreational Aide and Teacher
1995 - 1997
Recreational Aide and Teacher
• Worked with elementary to high school level deaf and hard of hearing students in after school program. Multiple recreational activities and functions performed included: swimming, bowling, roller skating, indoor and outdoor sports, movies, dances, field trips and Boy Scouts. Tutored residential students with a variety of homework.
SPEECH & HEARING CLINIC, Buffalo, NY
1994 - 1995
Camp Counselor and Teacher's Aide
• Creatively built lessons for the deaf and multiply disabled students while working with cooperating teacher. Tutored deaf and hard of hearing students in a variety of subjects. Counseled children in utilizing social skills. Assisted children in various physical activities to promote physical and mental development.
PRWRA John O'Connor - CareerProResumes.com - Careerpro2@aol.com