High School Teacher English
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
To obtain a challenging High School Teaching position utilizing my range of experience in education.
• Assisted in the development of Statewide Standards in English for the Common Coalition of Standards.
• Key contributor to the Statewide Assessment Bias Committee.
• Developed and published curriculum on English and citizenship targeted at At-Risk Students.
• Integrated career education into English curriculum working with various staff members.
• Appointed by State Superintendent to Practitioners Committee.
Hamilton School District, Walker High School
1997 - Present
12th Grade English Teacher
• Developed progressive curriculum based on the SCANS skills and English Standards.
• Served as the School Yearbook advisor - first school to e-Publish their yearbook - no fee!
• Coordinated Gifted programs with new lesson plans and applied learning opportunities.
Louisiana Department of Secondary Education, Baton Rouge
1994 - 1997
Education Program Consultant
• Managed the George L. Lundquist Vocational and Technical Education Act funding -- 3.4 million dollars.
• Served on statewide accreditation visits to 15 school districts during 1994-1997.
• Wrote portions of the George L. Lundquist Vocational and Technical Education Act 1995.
Borderville School District, Sampson High School
1990 - 1994
10th Grade English Teacher
• Taught English to up to 120 students using literature and career education curriculums.
• Served on School District English curriculum team and staff development committee.
Vasta State University
B.A., Secondary Education, English
K-12 Certified Teacher and English Endorsements
Jefferson Volunteer Citizens (literacy tutors)
PRWRA Heather Wagoner, PhD - Wagoner Consultants - The Rowans - Ely Cambridgeshire - United Kingdom CB6 1BS - Heather.Wagoner@btinternet.com