604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Obtain a position utilizing solid skills and experience in the management of underwriting, risk/liability, sales/marketing, credit/finance, and property inspection activities.
• Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised sales force of insurance agents and underwriters, achieving in significant increase in new business.
• Developed and marketed new financial products in order to expand existing accounts.
• Reviewed and analyzed applications for commercial insurance coverage, rejecting bad risks and achieving loss ratio of 45%.
• Saved company millions of dollars in potential losses by identifying lead paint exclusions based on wide-ranging research.
• Supervised extensive territories and gained knowledge of insurance laws covering the entire states of Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and California.
• Provided prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service and earned a loyal clientele.
• Demonstrated expertise in gathering information and making profitable, creative decisions.
• Processed commercial lines for new business, renewals, and endorsements.
• Trained over 15 associates in new computer system enabling them to transition to a paperless filing process.
• Prepared monthly reports on work flow and sales results to track activity and generate increased business.
• Developed guidelines for risk selection. Made State filings to provide broader coverage.
Wausau Insurance Company, Spokane, Washington
1998 - Present
Perform 10-12 daily interior and exterior inspections to evaluate property for liability and fire hazards. Provide agents with information about potential additional lines of coverage.
Mutual of Omaha Insurance, Spokane, Washington
1996 - 1998
Commercial Lines Manager/Marketing Manager
Managed all functions of Commercial Lines Department. Appointed and trained over 30 new agents who produced 80% of the company's new business resulting in $1 million increase in volume. Developed Restaurant Business Owners Program that increased premiums by $100,000 in two months.
Employers Insurance Corp., Spokane, Washington
1986 - 1996
Master Underwriter/Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter/Super User Trainer
Oversaw sales and marketing activities for second largest territory. Achieved superior loss ratio. Reviewed ISO circulars and made appropriate recommendations. Received numerous honors, including Employee of the Month, Master Underwriter, and winner of Award for Underwriting the Most Business Owners Prestige Policies out of five regional offices.
Farmers Insurance, Spokane, Washington
1984 - 1986
Commercial and Personal Lines Supervisor
Supervised overall operations of commercial and personal lines departments. Assisted brokers in placing hard-to-place insurance risks. Directed marketing, underwriting, and training.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Spokane, Spokane, Washington
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor: Business Management
• Merchants Insurance Group - Courses in Property, Casualty, Reinsurance, and Public Relations
• CPCU Training - Parts I, II, VII, and IX
• Mutual of Omaha - Interior/Exterior Property Inspection
• Computer training - Windows 98, WordPerfect, and Lotus 123
Two-term President of Spokane Lions Club
Volunteer for American Heart Association
PRWRA Freddie Cheek - Cheek & Cristantello Career Connections - firstname.lastname@example.org