Industrial Sales Representative
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Offering solid experience over more than 7 years selling products to industrial clientele.
· Currently conducting multiple level sales presentations to multi-million dollar accounts.
· Proven track record securing repeat business and referrals, and creating productive business development relationships that contributed to meeting and exceeding sales plan.
Areas of Expertise:
· Assessing and determining client needs
· Creating bid proposals
· Negotiating 3-year to 5-year contracts
· Developing presentations based on client criteria
· Overcoming objections
· Closing sales
· Resolving customer problems
· Overseeing adherence to contracts on customer service level
DEALERS ELECTRIC – Houston, Texas
1998 to Present
Industrial Sales Representative for Capital Projects (July 2001 to Present)
Generated the sale of electrical products to multi-million dollar accounts, primarily petrochemical companies and E&C’s, throughout a $3.45 million territory encompassing Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. Called on presidents, executive vice presidents, project supervisors and managers, procurement managers and directors, contract supervisors, electrical downstream consultants, and electrical engineers. Negotiated sales contracts that range up to $2.5 million. Participated on a 3-member team to secure a $50 million project.
· Secured business from companies such as Fluor Daniel, Technip, Mustang Engineering, KBR, Jacobs Engineering, Conoco Phillips, and Chevron Phillips.
· Achieved 138% of sales plan in 2003 and 107% in 2002 by creating business development relationships with more E&C’s to secure new projects.
· Saved a client $68,000, which was more than 2% of their $2.5 million budget by recommending usage of different cable to better meet specifications.
· Hired originally as an outside industrial sales representative until promoted in July 2001 to manage multi-million dollar projects.
WESCO – Houston, Texas
1996 to 1998
Outside Sales Representative
Sold industrial electrical components by calling on contractors, engineers, and purchasing agents throughout the Houston metropolitan area. Secured accounts included Occidental Chemical, Exxon, Goodyear, Traffic Maintenance, Houston Lighting & Power, and Powell Electric.
· Hired originally as an inside sales representative until January 1998.
· Attained 150% of sales plan in 1998 by generating $1.5 million in sales from both inside and outside sales calls.
· Created and implemented a contest that increased sales by 13%, which was 103% of plan.
· Completed initial training 82% ahead of average.
Handy Hardware Wholesale (June 1989 to May 1996) Shipping and Receiving Clerk
EDUCATION and TRAINING
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON - Clear Lake, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration Degree - Marketing, Management, and Health Care
Action Selling – Achieved highest grade in Wesco’s Southwest Region (March 1998)
Cutler Hammer Industrial Product Training (October 1997)
Philips Product Training (July 1997)