604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education (Minnesota Licensure K-8) / Social Studies Cognate
GPA: 3.55, • Gangs and Their Culture workshop, Institute for School Safety, February 12, 2003.
• Professional Development Day, University of Minnesota, April 8, 2003.
BROOKVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Arden Hills, MN
2002 - Present
Classroom Teacher: 2nd Grade
• Developed, coordinated and taught Language Arts (reading, phonics, spelling, grammar, and writing), Math, Social Studies, Science/Health and Art. Collaborated with cooperating teacher to organize integrated thematic units.
• Utilized varied teaching techniques to meet the needs of visual, kinesthetic and auditory learners for all subject areas.
• Participated in school conferences, staff meetings, trips, music program and initial fall open house/classroom preparation.
ST. PETER JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, Minneapolis, MN
2002 - 2002
Classroom Teacher: 8th Grade English
• Demonstrated excellent behavior, time and organizational management skills for the middle school level.
• Taught grammar and spelling, mentored individuals, recorded student data and assisted with classroom preparation.
JOHNSON PRIMARY SCHOOL, Brooklyn Park, MN
2001 - 2001
Classroom Teacher: Kindergarten
• Team taught Science (Wood), Reading (Story Group) and Art (Thanksgiving theme).
KENNEDY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Andover, MN
2000 - 2000
Classroom Teacher: 4th Grade
• Observed classroom academics and activities. Assisted with grading and classroom preparation.
TENHOFF CHILD CARE CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, Minneapolis, MN
1998 - 2002
Preschool Assistant Teacher / Teacher's Aide: Ages 3-5
• Cared for children (some with behavior problems): daily living skills, meals, socialization, academics and recreation.
• Communicated with families to foster a nurturing and challenging environment. Participated in staff meetings.
• Helped coordinate celebrations and special events.
GREEN HILLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Robbinsdale, MN
2002 - 2002
Book Buddies Volunteer
• Read with a struggling reader mornings before school to improve his interest and ability.
National Education Association • Education Minnesota
OTHER EMPLOYMENT WHILE FINANCING COLLEGE
(Have balanced two or more jobs since age 16)
• Financed 100% of college expenses by working in retail (detailed list available upon request).
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - 1812 Red Fox Road - St. Cloud, MN 56301 - email@example.com - (320) 253-0975 - (320) 253-1790 fax