Social Studies Teacher Seventh Grade
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Elementary School Teacher seeking to secure a public school teaching position utilizing extensive past experience as an educator.
Creative, dedicated, versatile, flexible, conscientious and enthusiastic educator, with over 25 years of results directling academic and personal development. Dedicated to teaching children to achieve their maximum learning potential. Direct expertise in the following areas:
• Classroom Management • Curriculum Design and Development
• Children's Literature • Individualized and Small Group Instruction
• Integration of Subjects • Parent Involvement
• Implementation Strategies • Student Assessment
• Student Motivation • Student Evaluation
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Arizona State College, Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education
• Renewed Teacher's Certificate for State of Arizona / 2002.
• Completed Teacher Certification process for the State of Arizona / 2002.
• Provisional Elementary Education - K-8, State of Arizona.
• Standard Elementary Teaching, K-9, State of Illinois.
LINCOLN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1991 - Present
Language Arts & Social Studies Teacher
Taught two Language Arts and four Social Studies classes. Instructed students in subject matter utilizing various teaching methods, including discussions, cooperative learning, demonstrations and materials to supplement presentations.
• Designed, organized, implemented and evaluated lesson plans.
• Sent quarterly progress reports to parents.
• Utilized variety of resources to coordinate curriculum to accommodate the different learning styles and needs of students.
• Counseled students with academic and personal problems and participated in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1983 - 1991
Elementary School Teacher
Developed teaching style focused on sound classroom management, creating a happy classroom atmosphere. These techniques demanded high expectations as well as provided respect, dignity and self-worth to each individual student. Bought a high level of energy to teaching constantly looking for new ways to motivate students to learn.
• Designed, organized, implemented and evaluated lesson plans. Evaluated student work and progress.
• Maintained motivating, productive learning environment by organizing time, space and resources with sound classroom rules, holding students accountable for their actions, and implementing consistent and fair consequences.
• Trained clinical student teachers in reading and language lessons. Demonstrated flexibility in helping restore educational process for students during emergency situation.
• Commended by principals, administrators and community for helping organize relief efforts and providing emotional support to students and parents.
• Developed behavior contracts for students and facilitated communication between students, parents and principal in the implementation.
JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1978 - 1983
4th and 5th Grade Teacher
JACKSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1972 - 1978
4th and 5th Grade Teacher
WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Chicago, IL
1967 - 1972
4th Grade Teacher
AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
• Member, National Education Association / Illinois Education Association
• Secretary, Local IEA Teacher's Organization
• Obtained Masters of Arts degree in Education and maintained a GPA of 4.0 while teaching full-time. Completed post Masters course work, with concentration in reading.
• Presented teacher in-service workshop on classroom management: "Discipline with Dignity."
• Co-authored and presented several curriculum guides and objectives for school district programs and projects.
PRWRA Marleen Alexander - M. Alexander & Associates, Inc. - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.iwillassistyou.net