Director Healthcare Information Systems
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Clinical Information Systems • Implementation • Client Services • Pharmacy Information Systems
Materials Management Systems • Laboratory Information Systems
Offering more than 20 years of director-level experience in healthcare and pharmaceutical environments. Highly effective project and program manager with exceptional systems development and implementation, budget development and administration, team building and leadership, and personnel management skills.
· Multi-tasking individual with wealth of knowledge and background in automated healthcare management systems.
· Direct and facilitate the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, training and support of complex automated data systems in global environments.
· Possess hands-development experience in creation and implementation of user interfaces, as well as software design and modification, from concept through implementation.
· Skilled executive with exceptional communication, and negotiation skills.
· Cost control expert, able to significantly reduce operating expenditures through application of organizational restructuring techniques and change management.
· Key member of design team that successfully developed and implemented the Emergisoft legacy system and EmergisoftED, second generation product.
· Coordinated and led user group meetings and physician/nursing advisory groups effectively delivering presentations and technical information to potential users.
· As Consultant for ASCI, managed high-profile, high-revenue accounts such as Michael Reece Hospital, UCI Medical Center, Cedars Medical Center, and Presbyterian Hospital.
· Directed all activities related to review, selection, and implementation of laboratory information system, surgical scheduling system, patient acuity system, and financial system for The Jewish Hospital of St. Louis.
· Possess exceptional personnel management skills and have maintained responsibility for directing and monitoring activities for up to 300 employees at a give time.
· Oversee and direct all functions related to new facility construction, including contractor negotiations and supply chain management.
· Recruit, interview, hire, train, and monitor personnel, remaining in compliance with all EEO directives.
· Possess capacity to simultaneously oversee lifecycle management of multiple, large-scale projects.
· Oversee and monitor all aspects of project management related to logistics, purchasing, and contract negotiation, ensuring timely completion, while remaining within scope and budgetary specifications.
· Develop, author, distribute, and implement enhanced process and procedural manuals and literature, standardizing purchasing, procurement, inventory, and logistics operations.
· Evaluate, restructure, revise, and integrate centralized training curriculum for professional development of team members and personnel.
· Possess excellent critical/creative thinking, problem resolution, contract negotiation, budget analysis/development/implementation, and recruiting skills.
· Deal effectively and tactfully with difficult personalities, developing and fostering exceptional interpersonal relationships.
Health Care Software Designers
1994 – present
Director of Customer Care and Product Design
Maintain responsibility for all activities related to design, distribution, implementation, troubleshooting, customer care, and problem resolution for products developed in this division.
· Effectively manage customization projects for high-profile clients.
· Lead and directed all facets of small and large projects from conception through final implementation and roll-out of systems.
· Facilitate sales, training, and user presentations and meetings, as well as physician/nursing advisory groups, and assist sales staff in presentation development and delivery.
1988 – 1994
Director of Client Services, XYZ Healthcare System, Inc.
1986 – 1988
Director of Clinical Systems, City Hospital of Augustine
1982 – 1986
Registered Nurse – Nebraska Methodist School of Nursing
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology – University of Nebraska
Microsoft Products • HEAT • TrackRecord • SourceSafe• IQ Report Writer
(Possess proven administrative and design level proficiency, using the listed programs and tools)