Parts Counter Sales
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Management professional with 14-years experience in the Class-8 Vehicle Parts industry, including general management, human resource, and general sales. Background includes the establishment of programs to increase sales, improve productivity, reduce costs, and enhance customer relations. Decisive and direct, yet flexible in responding to the constantly changing demands of staff members, customers, and operations throughout the company. Key strengths include:
• Customer-Driven Management • Efficiency Improvement
• Marketing & Sales • Strategic Planning
• Leadership & Team Building • Organizational Development
• Human Resource Affairs • Policies & Procedures
• Recruitment & Training • Labor Relations
Implement excellent communication skills to maintain positive relations with customers; provide outstanding customer service and follow-through. Bring dedication and commitment to the highest level of service within the industry.
"... looks for economical alternatives when purchasing for stock...he does a good job looking out for improving our branch. He has proven he can be trusted and charged with important duties and responds positively to working with other managers and employees. He is a good addition to management."
• Ken Sterling, Baker Transport Equipment
GREENWOOD SALES & SERVICE, Spring Oak, AL
1999 - Present
Parts Counter Sales
• Instrumental in establishing solid customer base, including dealer level customers, for new company through expansive network of contacts. Set up over 150 new customers building customer base to over 300 within region.
• Consistently surpassed set sales goals by servicing up to 50 customers daily through e-mail, telephone, and outside parts sales communications.
• Handled stock, customer special and repair shop orders with 500 various vendors nationwide, providing technical information regarding equipment, order parts, returns, and special orders.
• Designed monthly sales flyers, brochures, and line cards featuring all heavy equipment products sold.
• Established shipping and receiving procedures, which streamlined operations and increased efficiency.
BAKER TRANSPORT EQUIPMENT, Spring Oak, AL
1989 - 1999
Outside Parts Sales
1998 - 1999
1996 - 1998
Assistant Parts Manager/ Purchasing Agent
1989 - 1996
• Defined and streamlined human resource systems; coordinated all HR functions including recruiting, employee evaluation, and yearly sexual harassment awareness courses.
• Instrumental in branch gross sales increasing from $2.5 million to $4.8 million annually.
• Supervised and trained office personnel; total branch accountability during Branch Manager absence.
• Integrated branch planning in compliance with corporate mission statement; assisted in defining branch mission and vision.
• Served as secretary for company and directly involved during collective bargaining contract negotiations and employee contractual agreements.
• Negotiated with vendors to arrange optimal pricing and service for all departments.
• Researched and determined best shipping methods to distribute parts to customers and vendors, utilizing UPS, USPS, Federal Express, Air Freight, and Common Carrier.
• Participated in several courses and workshops to ensure skills were up-to-date and professional education was ongoing. Courses included:
• The Art of Hiring Smart
• Taking Physical Inventories & Cycle Counts
• Sales Territory Management
• ADP Payroll Systems
Participated in several courses and workshops to ensure skills were up-to-date and professional education was ongoing. Courses included:
• Forklift Training & Safety
• Basic Air Brake Systems
• Confined Space Safety
• Notary Public Training
• Basic First Aid & CPR
Microsoft Office • Microsoft Word • Excel • Publisher • PowerPoint • Photo Shop • MS-DOS