Senior Network Administrator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior network administrator with 14 years experience primarily as a LAN administrator, utilizing knowledge of WAN's and VPN for various industries. Earned an MCSE and CNA. Proven record of project management success evaluating, installing, and supporting all areas of the network and insuring appropriate resolution of problems during network outages and/or periods of reduced performance.
• Installing and Upgrading Servers • Configuring Array Controls
• Software Installations • Hardware Breaks/Fix
• Desktop Support • Redeployment
• Performing Daily Backups and Restores • Disposal of Equipment
• Remote Server Management • Setting Up Hubs and Workstations
• Streamlining Processes • New End-User Accounts
PC compatibles, Cisco routers (3600 series), Cisco switches (2900 series), Dun modems, scanners, Compaq servers (1850, 3000, 6000), DLT tape drives (75, 35/70), Compaq tape libraries, HP printers (4si, 5si, 4050, 8100), Lexmark printers, Jazz drives, HP plotters, Compaq 7700, Compaq DeskPro, Dell Optiplex Gx1, HP Vectra (VL, Vli8, VL 600), IBM ThinkPad, Toshiba Tecra (8000, 8100), Armada 300, 3Com hubs, DSU/CSU, Pix Firewall, Fast Ethernet Switches, Shiva
MS Office Suite 9x, MS Internet Explorer (3x, 4x, 5x), MS Project, MS Exchange, Netscape 4x, LotusNotes, WordPerfect 5.0, Oracle DFW, SAP, PeopleSoft, Attachmate for Windows, Crystal Ball, Hummingbird Exceed, Filenet, PRIDE, Transcend ConnectorWare, Visio Professional, Visio Professional Shapes and Add-ons, Visio Standard, Visio Technical, Well Plan, Remedy, NDS Manager, NW Adman 32, RconJ, Compaq Remote, Compaq SmartStart, Compaq Insight Manager, Insight Lightsout Addition, Ghost 6x, Arcserve 6.6, Citrix, SQL, Ping, Telenet, DHCP, DNS, IPXPing, Tracert, NetWare 5
TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DLC, AppleTalk, FTP, HTTP, TFTP, ATM, FIDDI
MS Dos 6.2, MS Windows (3x, 9x, 2000, NT), Novell (4x, 5x), OS2, Unix
FJK Corporation, Houston, Texas
Senior Network Administrator, 2000 - Present
Support and administer LAN and WAN systems for the business banking group, involving 14 sites, 500 end-users, 8 servers, 8 routers, 21 switches, 300 printers, 700 workstations with Windows 95, 2000, and NT operating systems, Dell and HP platforms, and Toshiba and Compaq laptops. Interact with the vice president of banking, business banking officers, commercial loan officers, administrative assistants, and loan processing support personnel. Interface with vendors from Dell, HP, and Compaq.
· Provided input and recommendations regarding purchase of $2 million in inventory.
· Worked with an engineer to evaluate and repair the server at an office branch with more than 200 end-users unable to access network due to water damage.
- Installed, repaired, and restored data.
· Worked all weekend to have system up and running first thing on Monday morning.
Ferndale Corporation, Houston, Texas
Senior Network Administrator, 1999 - 2000
Provided desktop and LAN support in NT and Novell environments for application and e-mail.
· Participated on the server team responsible for 3500 users and implementation of daily upgrades.
Goldman and Frank, Houston, Texas
Senior Network Administrator, 1998 - 1999
Assigned to two major projects:
· Served on a three-member installation team for a network for the XYZ Hotels.
- Installed Internet access in guestrooms and provisioned ports on Cisco switch.
- Interacted with facility engineers, hotel managers, and supervisor from Lucent Technologies.
· Participated on a five-member team working on a government contract at the Social Security Administration
- Provided network administration, installed new printers, configured workstations for printers, performed server configurations, and assigned status IP addresses for all nodes on the network.
- Completed project in 30 days, 60 days ahead of schedule.
Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority, Houston, Texas
Computer Technician, 1996 - 1999
Novell and NT environments for 2500 users
New York City Transit Authority, New York, New York
Computer Technician, 1988 - 1996
CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION
Computer Learning Center
Network Engineering & Management
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Certified Novell Administrator (CNA)
New York University
Associate, Business Administration
Member - Network Professional Association