Bookkeeper Accounts Payable
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
BOOKKEEPER • ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER
A knowledge seeker, keen to maximize own professional value by learning and committing to full-time employment engagements. First-rate communicator, self-regulating worker. Acknowledged for capacity to meet deadlines, "get the numbers right," resolve persistent problems, and conceive cost and efficiency improvements for the financial well-being of business. Contract assignments have honed strengths in managing multiple tasks simultaneously, moving quickly and easily through projects, and adapting to different industries and people.
• Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable • Payroll Administration
• Cash Allocations • Bank & Statement Reconciliations
• Invoicing & Purchase Orders • Debt Collection/Payment Arrangements
• Customer Relationship Management • Office Protocol/Practice Compliance
• Inventory Control • Statistical Reporting
• Data Entry/Receipts/Invoices/Purchase
2002 - Present
Nationwide manufacturer and distributor of milk products.
Reported to: Credit Manager. Despite no experience with industry-specific SAP software, and minimal training on arrival in office procedures and protocols, achieved good results in recovering outstanding debt, and controlling credit for over 500 accounts with terms varying from COD to 30 days.
• Negotiated account settlements and periodic payment schedules with several long-term outstanding accounts, and effectively saved one major client from transitioning to a competitor. Largest account managed - $50,000.
• Resolved issues surrounding the issuing of credits for the organization's "free milk" incentive. Conceived as a reward for prompt payment, several account customers were disgruntled at not receiving credit reward due to their poor payment record.
• Diplomatically explained concept to account customers, smoothed "ruffled feathers" and further emphasized the benefits of prompt payment to strengthen business cash flows, and win incentives next cycle.
• Pursued long-term outstanding debtors and reopened stalled communications, encouraging a climate of understanding and service. In just 5 weeks, 12 of 15 outstanding accounts showed improvement.
1999 - 2002
Small information technology retailer/repairer, hardware/software advisory service, and internet service provider.
• Immediate challenge was to restore cash flows in ailing IT business impacted negatively by large market competitors. Seesaw turnovers dipping from $70,000 to a high of $300,000 monthly produced significant obstacles in meeting supplier payments and necessitated immediate action to connect the peaks and troughs of cash flows with accounts payable system.
• Administered financial books for 2 distinct companies (hardware installations/repair service and internet service provider). Processed bank reconciliations, entered receipts and data into the computerized system, and managed daily banking procedures.
• Established a routine customer follow-up system to encourage regular on-time payments and assure continued cash flows. Successfully achieved increased payment frequency from 97% of accounts.
• Revamped accounts payable function to prioritize payments to suppliers, maintain long-term loyalty, and aid cash flows.
Aged care provider with 160 full-time, temporary and contract staff on payroll. Areas of responsibility: Payroll, Group Tax, and Superannuation.
• Administered $160,000 payroll for 160 staff utilizing PERUSE software. Quickly mastered new system basics solely through personal tuition, and working autonomously became the first point of contact for staff inquiries and concerns. The payroll, returning in-house to save outsourcing expenditures was complex and bulky, and little was known of its operation.
• Appointed to secondary role as Health & Safety Officer; processed claims, initiated communications with injured workers and specialists, and created a "Back to Work" program.
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Advanced Diploma of Business (Accounting)
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Diploma of Business (Accounting)
Training includes hundreds of hours in on-the-job learning, process familiarization, and system orientation. Short course attended at VECCI in Telephone Techniques.
MYOB, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); Fax Works, SAP, Internet, Windows 2000/ME/98/95, LAN/WAN.
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - firstname.lastname@example.org