Certified Technician Best
18 Broderick Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90115 / Tel# (213) 555-7789 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twelve years experience as an Automotive Technician, specializing in Volkswagen maintenance and repair. Demonstrated ability to lead teams of service technicians to perform high quality repairs and maintain excellent customer satisfaction rates. Recognized for new employee training programs and mentoring skills. Certified by the National Institute for Automotive Excellence and Volkswagen.
· Shop Management
· Customer Satisfaction
· Technical Expertise
· Electrical Systems
VALLEY VOLKSWAGEN, Burbank, CA
2000 - Present
Managed a crew of 15 service technicians, providing repair and maintenance services for all Volkswagen models. Hired, scheduled, evaluated, and terminated personnel as necessary. Instituted a mentorship program and formal training classes for new hires. Oversaw all repairs, performing the most complex repairs personally.
· Motivated technicians to high levels of professionalism and expertise through rewards and recognition.
· Researched latest tools and techniques to identify and implement time-saving improvements.
· Institutionalized customer satisfaction surveys and used data to reward achievers and explore opportunities for higher quality service.
· Maintained a customer comeback rate of 0% – no repeat visits for the same mechanical problem – during entire tenure.
VAN NUYS VOLKSWAGEN, Van Nuys, CA
1995 - 2000
ASE Certified Technician
Served as shop expert technician for Volkswagen transmission and engine maintenance and repair. Monitored all transmission work, advising technicians on diagnostic techniques and test routines. Attended Volkswagen-certified transmission technician courses offered at the factory.
· Implemented computerized diagnostic tools to verify initial problem determination.
· Trained service writers on updated repair procedures and new component systems.
· Evaluated junior service technicians to recommend further training courses.
· Met with customers to determine expectations and followed up to measure satisfaction levels.
HOLLYWOOD AUTOMOTIVE, Los Angeles, CA
1992 - 1995
Performed routine maintenance of foreign automobiles, specializing in German makes. Attended annual workshops delivered by Volkswagen, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz dealerships. Maintained inventory of standard parts, consumables, and supplies – reordering as needed.
· Perfected skill with manual and power tools to ensure repair efficiency.
· Routinely completed maintenance tasks 10-15% faster than industry average.
· Mentored apprentices and assistants on safety and tool care procedures.
· Received the “Top Technician” award two years in a row.
JB’S AUTO-BODY, Pasadena, CA
1990 - 1992
Maintained and repaired foreign and domestic automobiles, under direction of shop supervisor. Adept at engine overhauls, steering alignment adjustments, braking systems, power train maintenance, and electrical system diagnosis.
· Developed skill in problem diagnosis and solution, maintaining average repair time to within 15% of master technician’s estimate.
· Formalized safety checklist to ensure complete review of automotive systems.
· Briefed customers on proper care and routine maintenance of newly repaired systems.
· Addressed customer questions and concerns regarding maintenance and repairs.
Associate of Arts (Automotive Repair), 1990
LA College, Los Angeles, CA
Master Technician, ASE Blue Seal of Excellence
EPA Certified A/C Technician
California Certified Emissions Technician
Volkswagen Master Technician