Human Resources Manager Training
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Human Resource professional with experience emphasizing program management and development. Expert at collaborating with management to determine hiring needs. Diplomatic and tactful; skilled in effective interpersonal interaction. Extensive community outreach and networking. Computer literate with MS Office. Areas of experience include:
• Recruitment & Selection • Competency & Skills Assessment
• Payroll Processing • HR Policy & Procedure
• Training & Development • Employee Relations
• Compensation & Benefits • Personnel Recognition Programs
• EEO & Diversity • Regulatory Compliance
• Counseling & EAP • Curriculum Design
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Program Start-Up: Spearheaded the development and management of human resource departments for the start-up of Wordsmith Communications and Acme Resources.
• Staff Recruitment: Performed recruiting for Wordsmith Communications and Acme Resources. Successfully screened and processed applications, arranged background investigations and performed interviews.
• Policy and Procedure: Developed and instituted all policy and procedure for human resource processes at Manning and Associates and Acme Resources. Created a human resource personnel manual at both the Wordsmith Communications and Acme Resources. Gained solid experience with federal, state and disability laws and regulations.
• Compensation & Pay Structure: Collaborated with Executive Management at WordSmith Communications to create pay structure for all tiers of employees. Assisted staff in selecting appropriate benefit programs at Acme Resources. Negotiated compensation with staff at the Manning and Associates.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
• Program Development: Researched, designed and implemented staff development programs for orientation, training and continuing education. Recruited external training programs as needed.
• Training Management: Maintained accurate records of staff licensure and training at the Manning and Associates, scheduling continuing education programs as needed to maintain required licensure.
• Curriculum Design: Created a training procedural manual in collaboration with Executive Management at Wordsmith Communications. Introduced curriculum in response to pressing legal issues including sexual harassment and diversity at the Manning and Associates.
• Recognition Programs: Created staff recognition and incentive programs for sales department at Acme Resources. Programs resulted in a sales volume increase of 18% in one quarter. Subsequently worked with Executive Management to roll-out incentive programs company-wide.
• Employee Communications: Interfaced with employees in all positions to communicate changes in personnel policies. Mediated between staff to resolve problems at Manning and Associates and Acme Resources.
• Employee Counseling: Provided individual counseling to staff at Acme Resources. Received State of Florida training in substance abuse prevention and domestic violence. Assisted parents through group counseling sessions.
• Event Coordination: Selected to plan and manage the annual employee awards dinner at Acme Resources. Recruited volunteers, selected caterer, planned entertainment, and oversaw the event.
Jaybird Corporation, FL
1993 - Present
Manning and Associates, FL
1989 - 1993
Facility Manager / Budget Coordinator
Wordsmith Communications, FL
1992 - 1993
Support Counselor, Volunteer
Acme Resources, CA
1982 - 1988