604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 5 years experience as a Television News Journalist and Field Producer.
• Proven ability to maintain calm demeanor and make split second decisions under extreme deadline pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; well liked and respected by peers.
• Outstanding Writer and Word Processor, with typing speed exceeding 65 WPM.
• San Diego local; familiar with geography and continuing news stories making daily headlines.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Professional Impressions, Coronado, CA
2000 - Present
Owner/Operator of professional writing service specializing in personal and business marketing materials, including résumés, press releases, business proposals and custom voicemail greetings.
• Earned professional certification from two nationally recognized résumé writing associations within first year of operation.
• Conceptualized "International Update your Résumé Month" to raise public awareness of Professional Résumé Writing Industry.
• Gained favorable résumé industry publicity on local San Diego television station.
• Authored monthly column titled "Alert the Media" encouraging Résumé Writers to seek media publicity for their business.
• Selected as National Speaker for PRWRA 2002 Annual Convention to teach résumé writers how to handle media publicity.
Octagon Communications, Denver, CO
1998 - 2000
Western Regional Manager
Western Regional Manager for television news feed service that covers breaking news and offers video sharing between member stations.
• Wrote and edited scripts and corresponding video for daily feeds; handled special requests for news archive tape and live shots, and interfaced daily with all regional member stations throughout western region.
• Hired and supervised crews, including Photographers, Reporters, and Satellite Truck Operators during breaking news and planned events on location.
• Managed five field crews (Octagon, KLIS, KCIE, KUFW, KIE TV) in adverse weather conditions, while covering the Columbine High School Shootings, executing 119 live shots in 2 days.
• Approved scripts, oversaw editing, and spoke with Producers during live shots to ensure seamless broadcast.
• Coordinated annual regional conference resulting in greater cooperation among affiliates.
• Developed strong relationships with television news personnel at all levels.
CBS Nightly News, Denver, CO
1996 - 1998
Freelance Coordinator and Field Producer
Freelance Coordinator and Field Producer for television news feed service that covers breaking news and offers video sharing between members.
• Planned, wrote, and directed CBS Nightly News Mountain feed to CBS affiliates worldwide for re-broadcast on local newscasts.
• Produced field team of Oklahoma City Bombing Trials, JonBenét Ramsey Murder, Denver Blizzard of 1997, and the Summit of 8.
KLKJ-TV/News 12, Colorado Springs, CO
Assignment Editor/Reporter for local NBC affiliate in market 96.
• Assigned stories and dispatched crews to breaking and planned news events.
• Interviewed newsmakers, wrote, produced, and edited news stories for broadcast.
• Briefed producers and networks on daily basis regarding local stories, noting exceptional video when necessary
Zane Networks, Denver, CO
1993 - 1995
Traffic Anchor and Reporter
Traffic Anchor and Reporter for company that provided live on-air traffic reports to local radio and television stations throughout Colorado.
• Reported traffic live on seven local radio stations and KBGF-TV.
• Performed hourly beat checks to inquire about accidents and traffic jams.
Certified Résumé Writer (CRW), Professional Résumé Writing and Research Association
October 2001 (www.prwra.com)
Certified Professional Résumé Writer, Professional Association of Résumé Writers
December 2001 (www.parw.com)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
PRWRA Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA 2002
Awarded Most Innovative Idea for conceptualizing International Update Your Résumé Month and Volunteers for Careers.
• NewStar, AP NewsCenter, DCM, MS Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/NT/2000, MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Explorer; Netscape, Quicken, Publisher, Scott Studios, DAD, SIS, RCS, Macintosh
NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY, Flagstaff, AZ