Real Estate Agent New Homes
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Innovative, imaginative, energetic, and self-driven professional who has earned a reputation as a taskmaster
· Seeking a new homes sales position with a leading homebuilder in the Houston marketplace.
· Earned a Real Estate Sales Agent License, inactive status, in February 2003.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Developing needs assessments
· Conducting interactive presentations
· Creating strategic plans to obtain goals
· Measuring and reporting activities
· Utilizing time management techniques
· Interviewing skills
· Garnering community support
· Writing articles and correspondence
· Developing and managing relationships
· Planning and organizing activities
· Arbitrating and resolving problems
· Providing leadership and guidance
· Maximizing tasks
· Creating incentives to promote and reinforce opportunities
· Developing strategies to improve productivity
· Thinking “Outside the Box”
CURRENT ACTIVITIES FOR NEW HOME SALES
· Currently developing a list of contacts within real estate, mortgage, and title companies, as well as banks through a relationship with a senior title examiner.
· Garnering informative and clever ideas to attract and hold the attention of industry contacts to be included in a monthly or bi-monthly newsletter.
· Visiting and observing account representatives at model homes to enhance sales abilities.
· Attending functions to gain networking experience.
· Familiar with mortgage terms and determining home buyer affordability through real estate education.
· Transformed the weakest link in The Irving News, the Lifestyles Section, into one of its strongest assets and earned award as Third Best Among Entertainment/Lifestyle Sections in 125 newspapers throughout the U.S. and Canada by Suburban Newspapers of America.
· Selected to judge between 20 and 30 entries, and choose the top three placements within the Arizona Press Club Statewide Editorial Contest, after earning the Suburban Newspapers Award.
· Contributed to The Irving News attainment as one of three finalists for Best Non-Daily Newspapers in the Katie Awards.
· Sold management on acceptance, importance, and relevance of proposed articles.
· Investigated leads and story ideas, writing copy for news and feature articles.
· Served as an editor, designing layout, editing freelance copy, and compiling community calendar.
· Nominated for Teacher of the Year in 2001 and 2002 based on programs initiated and their success.
· Improved TAAS scores, achieving across the board success with all students passing.
· Created and implemented a loop program, teaching the same students for both 5th and 6th grades, an incentive and awards program, and student buddy system.
· Developed teacher partnership system that is being implemented in other classrooms because it improved communication between English and non-English speaking students and increased learning abilities.
· Conducted presentations before National, Texas, and Greater Houston Area Conferences in 2001 and 2002.
· Published in two journals.
· Recognized with Exceeds Expectations for all categories within annual performance reviews in past four years.
Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher and Literacy Team Member – Alief I.S.D. - Houston, Texas (1999 to Present)
Lifestyles Editor – The Irving News (1998 to 1999)
Staff Writer – The Examiner (1997 to 1998)
Writer Intern – Insite Magazine - Bryan, Texas (1996 to 1997)
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Successful People
Champions Real Estate School
Master of Education in Reading and Language Arts – University of Houston (2001)
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism – Texas A&M University (1996)
Sandy Hild - TheResumeDoctor@aol.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com