604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Construction estimator with more than 15 years of experience estimating commercial projects, with 10 years coordinating national accounts. Strong business acumen that encompasses the estimation process from receipt of plans to negotiation of contracts, as well as overall operations. Estimation background includes reviewing customer plans, determining subcontractor needs, developing project estimates, compiling subcontractor bids, consolidating information into proposals for submission to clients, and negotiating final price. Operations experience includes hiring, training, and supervising personnel; forecasting; managing budgets; and total profit and loss responsibility. Proven record of success maximizing profits while negotiating and securing contracts in a highly competitive industry. Microsoft Windows 97 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
U.S. DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION, Houston, Texas
1990 - Present
Chief Construction Estimator
Maintain hands-on responsibility for preparing estimating bid packages, while managing all operations of this medium-sized commercial tenant improvement company with assignments throughout the Continental United States. National retail accounts include The Limited, Inc., Ann Taylor, Guess, Helzberg Diamonds, and The Casual Corner Group. Interact with directors of construction, directors of operations, and project managers. Supervise two estimators and an administrative assistant. Projects range between 1,000 and 100,000 square feet and from $50,000 to $3 million.
• Prepared over 102 quotes personally, 41% of the department's total with a 30% award rate, producing $7.5 million in 1999 (oversaw the production of an additional 150 quotes).
• Created a successful bid proposal that allowed U.S. Design to be awarded one of three white box contracts at Shady Grove (the largest contract written at that time for dollar value and square footage).
• Negotiated the bid package that secured a $3 million build-out contract for Texas Slim's, a 60,000 square foot restaurant, club, and entertainment center in Shady Grove (superceded the Shady Grove contract as the largest in the company's history).
• Hired originally as an Estimator until promoted in 1994 as one of three Vice Presidents with responsibility for the Estimating Division.
• Maintained sole responsibility as the only Vice President since 1995.
AECO, Houston, Texas
1985 - 1990
Computed cost estimates and negotiated with company representatives to obtain contracts throughout the Houston Metropolitan area. Bid proposals included materials, subcontracted work, construction activities and requirements, and labor.
• Increased sales volume by 50% and brought in an additional $3 million from subcontracted work.
• Ranked #1 for highest sales in the Houston branch, and achieved 3rd highest corporate sales among approximately 50 estimators in less than two years.
• Hired originally as an Estimator until promoted to Chief Estimator after 1.5 years.
Dale Carnegie Training and Management Courses