Office Manager Best
3045 Avon Road, Springfield, IL 50186 / Tel# (602) 555-2827 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Manager with 16 years experience providing administrative, personnel, and customer support. Demonstrated skills include ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, identify improvements to procedures, and supervise the work of others. Skilled in financial operations management, including account reconciliation, employee payroll, and bank deposits. React flexibly to changes in priority and direction, assume increased responsibilities as needed, and motivate other to achieve business objectives.
· Microsoft Office
· Lotus Ami Pro
· Microsoft Outlook
· Corel Draw
· Lotus Notes
· Microsoft Project
· Lotus 1-2-3
· Internet Explorer
WORDSMITH COMMUNICATIONS, Chicago, IL
1998 - Present
Supervised office staff of 12 and managed daily business operations of 120-person publishing firm. Administered employee payroll, company taxes, and maintained 401(k) Plan. Authorized petty cash, check distributions, and bank deposits.
· Recruited, trained, and evaluated office support staff. Mentored new employees on company objectives, business standards, and employee expectations.
· Organized computer data and reports to enable easy access to information. Trained over 20 employees on the use of a new financial records management database.
· Analyzed checking accounts for cash flow discrepancies and cash overage/shortages. Efforts resulted in identifying $15,000 in bank errors.
· Interpreted monthly financial statements and researched computer and billing errors. Identified and implemented process improvements to reduce future errors.
INDUSTRIAL SAVINGS & LOAN, Gary, IN
1994 - 1998
Prioritized tasks and supervised a team of five administrative assistants to provide quality human resources and customer relations support. Managed insurance and employee benefits, fielded employee benefits questions, and negotiated insurance contracts. Resolved customer issues and addressed complaints, exceeding customers’ expectations.
· Improved customer relations skills by practicing techniques to exercise diplomacy and employ active listening skills.
· Provided direct human relations counsel, reducing grievances by 25% and improving employee morale and retention.
· Designed and implemented an assimilation and training program for administrative assistants of an acquired financial institution.
COMMUNITY NETWORK FOUNDATION, Skokie, IL
1986 - 1994
Provided clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director. Established and maintained filing system, screened telephone calls, scheduled meetings, prepared documents, and drafted business correspondence. Financial responsibilities included recording expenses, processing expense reports, and managing disbursements.
· Installed and maintained computer-based accounting system to manage office finances.
· Coordinated planning and logistics for Foundation’s Board meetings, preparing agendas, minutes, financial reports, and confidential documents for the Board members.
· Reorganized records and files, sending obsolete files to off-site storage to improve utilization of office space.
· Spearheaded office remodeling project to present a more professional appearance, improve space utilization, and streamline foot traffic.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), 1992
Central Illinois State University, Springfield, Illinois
Associate of Arts (Management), 1986
Springfield Community College, Springfield, Illinois