Manager Business Development
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
FOCUS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Associate International Management Development Program — Highly driven and energetic with five-year successful track record with international promotions at European Fortune 500 multi-national. Hold European equivalent of MBA and business certificate from London School of Economics with 3.5 and 4.0 GPA respectively. In-depth understanding of enterprise mechanics, marketing, business development, strategy development, and financial analysis. Experience in mergers, acquisitions, and turnaround environments. Strong leadership skills with unique combination of creative and analytical talents. Multi-lingual, (English, German, Dutch, French) with proficiency in DataStream, Bloomberg, and MS Office 2000.
1997 to Present
Recruited in 1997 by world’s leading multi-metals corporation with $30 billion in annual revenues and 47,000 employees worldwide. Rapidly promoted through series of increasingly responsible positions in Europe and the United States.
MANAGER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
2000 to Present
M.S.A. Inc. — USA
Selected by management for assignment at wholly owned subsidiary, M.S.A. Inc. (a recent strategic acquisition of Dorp Inc. with $30 million in annual revenues and 150 employees) to restructure marketing and business development strategies. Report to Commercial Director.
· Key player in successful turnaround of subsidiary, measured by expansion of market penetration, capturing $3 million in new sales (28 new customers); realizing profits after 3 years of losses.
· Increased sales at competitor’s expense after assessing competitive market position. Performed sales, marketing, and market trends research, identified and tested markets, set-up prospect database, developed marketing campaign, and handled follow-up.
· Successfully launched European product innovations in Asian and United States markets in collaboration with sister companies in Germany and United Kingdom.
· Favorably impacted corporate image through branding and marketing strategies.
· Redefined company’s marketing approach through creative and cutting edge initiatives; held full P&L responsibility for marketing department; launched direct and target marketing campaigns.
MANAGER STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT
1999 to 2000
Dorp Special Strip — Germany
Recruited by CEO of German business unit ($500 million in annual revenues and 2,500 employees) to direct strategic and financial analysis.
· Realized highest ROIC of all Dorp business units through strategy development; company record.
· Instrumental role in merging 15 international units; co-integrated reporting systems and coordinated development of business unit strategy, aiding management in focus and direction.
· Selected as acquisition team member accountable for consolidation of 2 business units. Analyzed synergy opportunities and created reporting and monitoring structure. Results: $12 million in synergies annually.
· Consulted top management on profit center strategy; recommendations were implemented.
· Held frequent presentations for executive team, using outstanding communication and persuasion skills.
· Effectively directed staff after merger of business units, achieving improved productivity.
ANALYST CORPORATE INTELLIGENCE AND STRATEGY
1997 to 1999
Corporate Headquarters, the Netherlands
Recruited as internal consultant in highly visible position to perform competitive intelligence and corporate strategy analysis. Reported directly to Board of Management and top executives.
· Requested to assess and benchmark corporate strategy as part of McKinsey Team; outcome ultimately led to largest industrial merger of 1999. Other accomplishments include: purchasing cost reduction of 15%; corporate overhead reduction of 50%; 5% working capital cut.
· Researched market performance and growth, and profitability analysis of main product lines; management adopted consequential investment and divestiture recommendations.
· Achieved retrieval and compilation of sensitive and confidential data despite junior position within company. Used information for product market analysis of all 16 business units.
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS - London, United Kingdom — 1999
Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation Techniques — GPA: 4.0
UNIVERSITY OF AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS – 1997
Master Of Arts Degree (MBA-equivalent) — International Business and Strategy — GPA: 3.5