604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Technically proficient IT specialist and trainer
Three years’ experience improving performance and productivity within tight deadlines. Strengths include:
· Identifying Learner Needs
· Classroom Management
· Public Speaking
· Student Success
· Performance-Based Training
· Team Teaching / Mentoring
· Time Management
· Team Player
Learned Oracle, Visual BASIC, FrontPage, Winrunner and Loadrunner through self-study.
Database and Software
· Windows, DOS
· Microsoft Access
· C, C++
· Data Structures
· Winrunner (testing purposes)
· Digital and Electric CKK
· Loadrunner (testing purposes)
· Visual BASIC
· Microprocessor—8085, 8086
APTECH TRAINING CENTER
Handled IT projects and training duties simultaneously throughout tenure; assigned to provide technical guidance to Rathna Roy Info Group Pte. Ltd. for three years.
Three-month project with Agricultural Product Marketing Center (3e-person group), 2003
· Installed system (system similar to prior teleshopping project) to monitor stocks of agricultural products using Visual Basic and MS Access.
One-year project with Cardinal Communications (4-person group), 2002
· Completed project 2½ months before deadline by delegating workload and putting in extra hours.
· Increased productivity 90%, reducing manual work of 10 people to 1 person, through design and set up of network diagnostic software.
· Performed demonstration and explained requirements of project to teammates; learnt Visual C++ through independent study.
Six-month project on teleshopping (2-person group), 2001
· Played instrumental role developing and implementing client-tailored teleshopping system (using Visual Basic 610 and Oracle) to track billings and stocks.
· Reduced manual work in stock taking by splitting stocks and inventories into 12 categories.
· Won right to execute project by submitting detailed 50-page proposal for review in competition with another group.
Mentoring / Teaching
· Conducted interactive training for 60-70 IT professionals in programming languages, including C++ and Microsoft Access, as volunteer trainer (one out of three people selected from group of nine applicants).
· Identified student needs and implemented "student pairing" to link top performers with weaker students; administered monthly tests to assess standard of students.
· Exceeded minimum passing-rate criteria (for students) 32.1%, 97.14% compared with 65%, retaining position as trainer for 2½ years (trainers assessed every three months).
· Improved grades of particular student 70%, from 4/25 to 21.5/25, in three months by providing extra 30-minute mentoring after class and giving additional assignments.
GOLDEN VALLEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Kolar Gold Field
B.Eng. (Computer Science)—First Class Honors
· Contributed to writing of Graphics Editor software (features including scaling, translating, and freehand, using C++ on DOS) and Text Editor software (features including creating, modifying, and saving / deleting files, using C) in class project.
GOVERNMENT P.U. COLLEGE SRINIVASPUR, Kolar District
Pre-University Level (equivalent to 'A' Levels)—Second Class
KISHORA VIDYA BHAVANA CHINTAMANI, Kolar District
X Standard (equivalent to 'O' Levels)—Distinction (Top 10% in class)
Fluent in English, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, and Telugu.