Sales Manager Medical
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accomplished sales, management and client service professional with over 10 years of top-producing experience. Routinely exceed revenue goals with niche marketing and sales expertise.
· Strong background in sales includes all aspects of consultative selling, from lead generation, cold calling and needs analysis to closing and post-sales service of Fortune 100 accounts.
· Proven management skills. Experienced building, training, leading and developing teams of up to 15 sales reps who dislodge competitors in medical equipment and other sectors.
· Consistent top producer. Increased market share 55% as Sales Manager (2000-2002), built base of 70+ referring customers and more than $1 million in first-year revenue as Sales/General Manager (1997-2000) and grew sales from zero to over $6 million in three years (1992-1997).
· Excellent communication skills. Experienced building and maintaining rapport with and presenting to oncologists, nephrologists, CEOs and other busy professionals.
Sales Manager: Marjorie Health Services, Clearwater, FL
Planned and managed sales of medical specialty products to health care clinics in three states.
· Developed sales training program that produced more than $1 million in new revenues by replacing product-based selling with consultative sales and superior client service.
· Recruited, hired, trained and managed team of seven sales reps. Led team to meet or exceed revenue quotas in 95% of time periods.
· Increased market share 55% and profitability 25% by restructuring product mix. Identified market potential, profitability and resources, then created new niche marketing profile.
· Researched, created and delivered more than 25 in-service programs to train nurses, physicians and in-house personnel. Rapidly built substantial referral network among clinics and hospitals with this innovative, cost-effective technique, which locked out competitors.
· Served on top management team. Cited by CEO and Operations Director for ability to reach physicians, close sales and service accounts.
Sales/General Manager: Sara Solutions, Inc., Clearwater, FL
Created and implemented marketing plans to deliver profitable sales of diabetic, wound care and DME products to physicians, home health, dialysis clinics, assisted living centers and others.
· In first year, grew sales from zero to more than $1 million and became preferred provider for more than 70 referring customers. Succeeded using win-win approach to in-service training, reaching and presenting to physicians, nurses and other decision makers.
· Recruited and trained sales force of 15 professionals operating statewide. Also hired, trained and managed delivery personal and administrative staff.
· Developed highly effective marketing plan, sales brochures and other tools. Developed sales and support tools to maximize territory potential through market research and prospecting.
Marketing and Sales/Director of Wound Management: TheVendorStop, Inc., Clearwater, FL
Directed marketing and sales of wound care products and services.
· Increased revenue from zero to more than $6 million in six years, with sales to physicians, nursing homes and clinical staff. Opened and managed more than 100 accounts.
· Ranked as top revenue producer. Researched, developed and implemented marketing and sales plans to maximize territory potential through efficient prospecting.
· Built profitable division through sales growth, effective collections and cost management.
· Organized operations, procurement, sales and client service, with outstanding results.
· Created vast network of referral sources by consulting with and educating medical staff on wound prevention and treatment. Developed and delivered in-services to decision makers at numerous facilities, solving prospects’ problems in win-win fashion.
Account Executive: ABC, Tampa, FL
Provided sales and account management of telecom services to Fortune 500 firms.
· Achieved 300% of revenue quota, ranking #1 in sales productivity among 72 sales reps locally and in top 10% of 4,500 national sales reps for three consecutive years (1989-1992).
· Persisted through long sales cycles and negotiations with multiple decision makers.
· Successfully closed major deal with $23-billion client by creating new habits for managing information. Penetrated client account and forged win-win solutions for multiple business units, leading to presentation to CFO and top management team.
Sales Consultant: GGG Computer Center, Dallas, TX
Initiated and developed national accounts. Ranked as top producer among 10 sales reps as a result of proactive referral selling. Rapidly promoted from Senior Sales Consultant after one year.
Bachelor of Business Administration: Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
· Awarded Falcon School of Business Scholarship.
· Professional development: completed sales courses and related seminars from Zig Ziglar, Tom Hopkins, Brian Tracy, Peter Lowe and others.
· Computer skills: Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Recent Member: Assisted Living Association, FDONA and Nursing Home Administrator’s Association (maintain broad list of contacts).