604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Systems Administrator, Corporate Headquarters
· Certified professional with 15 years of success in managing and leading teams in a corporate environment.
· Outstanding customer service in telecommunications and computer system support.
· Effective analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and multi-tasking skills.
· Key team member who contributes positively to each project; works well in high stress situations.
· Continually enhance customer satisfaction and overall profitability by delivering solutions on time and within budget.
· Competent in business management; good supervisory and team leader abilities.
· Organized, efficient, productive, punctual, dedicated, hard worker, goal and results-oriented.
· Competent understanding of Marriott computer systems, configurations, maintenance and enhancement requirements.
· Twelve years of employee service and achievements in the Marriott Corporation.
· Proven career history of strong work ethic, consistently working extended work weeks while gaining professional development.
· Flexible and willing to work hard to achieve project completion within constricting deadlines.
· Leadership—Department Supervisor for 19+ Associates for award redemption, inventory controls and fulfillment services.
· Project Management—Managed and implemented a worldwide recognition program for over 550,000 employees.
· Project Team Player—Developed monthly activities for a service center of 300+ Associates to increase morale, promote Children’s Miracle Network and recognize Associates for Outstanding Customer Service.
· Budget Experience—Accountable for $1.2 million while maintaining an inventory of 2.5 million pieces of collateral.
· Quality Minded—Achieved 100% accuracy for 33 months while administering a worldwide associate recognition program for over 550,000 Associates for the Marriott Corporation.
TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATION COURSES
Novell Netware Administration 5.1
Microsoft Networking with the 95 Client
Administering Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Supporting Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Internet Working MS TCP/IP on Microsoft NT 4.0
Supporting Microsoft NT Server 4.0–Enterprise Technologies
Citrix Metaframe Administration
Creating and configuring a web server using Microsoft Internet Information Server
COMPUTER SOFTWARE EXPERTISE
Veritas Backup Exec
Windows NT Workstation
Windows NT Server
Windows NT Terminal Server
Windows 2000 Pro
Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange Server
Novell Netware 4.1–5.0
Microsoft Office Suites
WordPerfect Office Suites
Marriott Proprietary Software RightFax
Currently pursuing Microsoft Certified System Engineer 2000 certification update to be complete in Spring 2004.
DQ Corporation. Citrix Certified Administrator. 2002.
GSE Erudite. Microsoft Certified System Engineer Courses. 2001.
University of Utah. Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Administration/Political Science. 1986.
1998 to Present
Systems Technician. 2002 to Present
Provided Novell Netware, MS Windows NT, and MS Windows 95/98 support for 500+ users. Provided maintenance, installation and configuration of network and workstation hardware and software. Established and administered network physical layer including Cisco routers, switches, gateways, servers, NICs and cabling. Responsible for network printing, security, granting and revoking rights, creating users, modifying login scripts, system integrity, data security and daily systems backup. Install and configure new software. Recovered lost files. Configured workstations for various languages including Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese. Identified current and future software issues. Resolved conflicts by researching product capabilities.
Team Leader—Fulfillment Services. 1998 to 2002.
Supervised 19+ Associates engaged in resolving customer problems, certificate fulfillment, and maintained inventory control for over 2.5 million pieces of collateral. Maintained PICK database for worldwide Associate Recognition Program (ARP). Managed weekly fulfillment of PICK download in preparation for fulfillment procedures. Developed and revised procedures for maintaining a zero–defects environment. Supervised weekly fulfillment process of plaques and certificates being sent to hotels and employees worldwide; thus, maintaining a 100% accuracy rate for 33 consecutive months.
Reviewed customer complaint responses for accuracy and compliance to program policies and procedures. Advised subordinates of resolutions to customer complaints. Worked with managers, supervisors, hotels, and program partners to prevent recurring problems and complaints. Developed customer satisfaction surveys to determine areas of betterment. Maintained customer satisfaction survey database. Retained open relationships with suppliers of collateral materials. Planned and developed standards for quality assurance. Initiated program directives from corporate office for morale, total quality improvement and associate recognition. Created flow charts for training new Associates on project procedures. Streamlined award redemption process and fulfillment procedures.
KOMATSU EQUIPMENT, INC.
Systems Technician/Database Administrator
Provided support for 155 users at corporate headquarters in Utah and satellite offices in Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming. Provided technical support on IBM RISC 6000 using NDS modular software to track heavy equipment parts, inventory, printing, accounting and billing information. Installed, configured, and maintained network, workstations, hardware and software. Configured routers, mux modems and telephone equipment for new equipment rental operation.
K&R BEDSPREADS, INC.
Office Manager/System Support Specialist
Maintained Windows NT 4.0 network of 10 computers running Windows 95 clients. Monitored network performance to ensure communication with users. Researched and installed shipping software to automate delivery and tracking packages. Implemented MYOB software to meet accounting and inventory control objectives. Resolved mapping problems with software. Installed modems to connect to vendors shipping information. Monitored internet access of web page and fulfilled catalog requests. Worked with management and staff to resolve computer software and hardware problems. Performed daily backups of server files. Office duties included payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control and customer service.
LOVELESS ENTERPRISES, INC.
1991 to 1997
Public Involvement Administrator/National Marketing Director
Maintained Windows 95 client computers, loaded and configured software, maintained and installed peripheral components, performed daily backups. Coordinated development team in creating public involvement plans for firms bidding to obtain federal and state contracts in the areas of water, energy, electric power and transportation. Identified key personnel, bid proposals, correspondence, project planning, customer service, workbooks and contact maintenance. Marketed the owner's public speeches and seminars on the topics of water resources, public involvement, energy consulting and transportation.
AWARDS & HONORS
Tiefel Awards. Marriott International Corporation. 1992–2001.
Star Award Recipient. Marriott International Corporation. August 2001.
Associate of the Month. Marriott International Corporation. 1999–2001.
Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts of America. 1977.
Cedar Badge Leadership Camp. 1976–1980.
Robert H. Hinckley Graduate Studies Scholarship. 1989.
Bamberg Scholarship (Foreign Affairs Symposium). 1988.
Internship—Senator Haven Barlow and Senator Jack Bangerter. Utah. 1988.
Internship—American Foreign Policy Symposium. Washington, DC. 1988.
Teaching Assistant—American National Government–Professor. Dr. Dan Jones, University of Utah. 1988–1989.
Teaching Assistant—Intern Preparation Class for 1989 Utah Legislative Session—Hinckley Institute of Politics.
Intern Coordinator/Teaching Assistant—Supervisor for Interns during the 1989 Utah Legislative Session.
Hinckley Institute of Politics. 1988–1989.
Internship—Attorney General Paul Van Damn’s Office. 1989.