604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Recognized as a top performer consistently achieving annual sales/financial goals for nine consecutive years.
SALES and MANAGEMENT professional with over 13 years of experience in increasingly accountable positions for an $85 million specialty chain. Demonstrated track record of combining sales/marketing leadership with sound business practices to position retailer for long-term growth and profitability.
Cross-functional expertise in business planning, operations management, human resources, and finance. Trained over 2000 employees on effectively improving performance and productivity. Known as a results-oriented individual with strong problem solving, analytical, communication, interpersonal relations and "sense of urgency" skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Multi-Site Operations • Field Sales Management
• Decision-Making Authority • Competitive Product Positioning
• Team Building and Leadership • Event and Meeting Planning
• Executive Presentations/Seminars • Sales Training and Development
• Budgeting/Financial Management • Problem Solving/Troubleshooting
• Brand Loyalty and Corporate Image • Customer-Driven Management
• Consistently achieve annual financial/sales goals and quotas based on volume, gross margin, payroll, shortage, percent-to-store and expenses. Continually rank in the top 10% in accordance with company guidelines and equivalent rating system with five separate supervisors and nine appraisals.
• Successfully utilized turnaround management abilities to transform least profitable (1.2%) division to most profitable (7.6%) division over a two-year time period.
• Instrumental in significantly reducing employee turnover from 13.0% open positions to the current 2.1% through accurately and effectively hiring, training, and motivating competent employees.
FJK Fine Jewelry, Detroit, MI
1997 - Present
Director of Stores
Directed activities for all 85 stores in the chain with a staff of 7 regional managers, 85 department managers, 3 office support staff, and 600 sales associates. Planned and executed company standards including control of operation and timely communication. Created a partnership with the host store key executives to enhance communication and maximize business opportunities.
FJK Fine Jewelry, Detroit, MI
1993 - 1997
Consistently achieved sales quotas and handled operational functions for a total of 37 stores. Trained sales staff, developed staff by reviewing monthly productivity, and promoted partnerships with host store. Established high standards of customer service and insured proper staffing/scheduling. Maintained consistency in visual and security standards.
Macy's Department Store, Lansing, MI
1992 - 1993
Group Support Manager
Oversaw and directed operational functions for five departments. Promoted from Sales Manager within six months of employment by continually increasing sales for six consecutive months.
University of Michigan, Detroit, MI
B.A., Business Administration
Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI
Associate, Business Administration
PRWRA Darlene Dassy - Darlene's Dynamic Resumes - firstname.lastname@example.org