604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
A positive and people-oriented individual offering a host of skills after serving our country. Trustworthy and reliable: authorized with “Secret” security clearance. Works effectively and makes sound decisions under pressure in fast paced and unpredictable environments. Accepts role as assigned and strives for excellent results. Strong problem-solver with capabilities in organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects with competing deadlines. Physically fit and healthy: eager for new challenges.
Core competencies includes:
· Confidentiality Assurance
· Training & Leadership
· Punctual & Reliable
· Cross-Cultural Awareness
· Team Player Approach
· Community Relations
CAREER PATH Department of National Defense (1983 - 2004)
2002 - 2004
Oromocto, New Brunswick
Regarded as a reserve subject matter expert. Selected to coordinate all aspects of a 36-member program and 16 support professionals. Accountable for every single course component, from vehicle requisitions and specialized personnel, to training areas and in-class materials.
· Provided extra assistance, resources and time to ensure all participants understood course concepts and were able to meet rigorous organizational standards.
· Although assigned a leadership role, never hesitated to aid peers and subordinates, regardless of the task.
· Ensured all administrative functions were accurately completed on time.
· Exercised sound decision making capability: Cited for “being able to find quick, logical and common sense solutions to the course’s everyday problems.”
· Key team member of soccer team. Earned position at the national finals.
BATTALION INTELLIGENCE OFFICER
1994 - 2001
Assigned this important role to provide clear and accurate situational briefings on the world’s hotspots to the Base’s most senior staff and groups of interest. Organized and used slides and PowerPoint when presenting. Handled questions and comments from attendees, both subordinate and more senior in ranking.
· Seamlessly balanced administrative and tactical requirements of delivering training, leadership and support to a team of 30.
· Heavily involved with organized sports in addition to working commitments.
1990 - 1994
Relied upon to educate new recruits to the Infantry Division. Achieved a high pass rate of the Force’s newest members who were technically sound and demonstrated the right attitude for a team-based career.
EARLIER CAREER EXPERIENCE
1983 - 1990
After basic training, secured progressive positions requiring the positive skills, attitude and knowledge base to support a 20+ year tenure dependent on rational decision-making and team cohesiveness. Fostered an understanding of multi-cultural idiosyncrasies as they relate to social, political and tactical issues. Set the standard for the balance of rewarding DND assignments.
Windows MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, Internet Research and E-mail.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Infantry Section Commanders Course
Sergeant (6B) Course
Senior Leaders Course
Former St John Ambulance and CPR Instructor