604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING / STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
Proven ability to train, lead teams and manage advanced civil engineering projects with extensive expertise in but not limited to the design of reinforced concrete, composite and steel structures. Seeking R&D position based in the US that will require some but not extensive travel.
· Familiar with engineering and team management principles that guide one-of-a-kind, advanced-technologies structural projects. Project leader, innovative project developer, and communicator with outstanding technical development achievements. Developer of innovative structural solutions utilizing a variety of design, software and integrated material-structural engineering techniques. In all projects utilize strong foundation in mechanics, structural and materials engineering. Transferable skills in research, writing, engineering and innovations with transferable consulting skills that will guide advanced-technologies structural projects. Able to act as liaison to clients to understand and define their specific, high-tech needs while delivering those solutions through the management of small, research-and-development focused engineering teams. Present complex engineering problems in clear, appealing and technical writing format to various audiences and customers without high-tech engineering skills or background. Outstanding overall balance of highly technical skills along with the ability to focus multiple internal entities and external customers on product requirements and product solutions.
· Technical reviewer for various engineering organizations including National Science Foundation, American Concrete Institute, American Society of Civil Engineers, English Concrete Institute.
· Citizenship: United States Citizen.
· Fluency: Italian, Croatian, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English.
· Damage Assessment/Analysis
· Non-Destructive Testing
· Seismic/Non-seismic Repair/Retrofit
· Procedure Design & Analysis
· Bridge/Building Design and Analysis
· Structural System Analysis
· Solid Mechanics, Fracture Mechanics and Micro-Mechanics of Cementitious Composites (steel, glass, kevlar, carbon, concrete, etc.)
· New Technology Development/Implementation Product Development
· Technology Transfer
· Computer Programming/Modeling
· Auto-Adaptive Structures
· Project Management
· Technology Evaluation
· Procedure Development & Optimization
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, AMHERST, MA, (DIC)
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, LONDON, ENGLAND: Master of Civil Engineering (Specialization in Steel and Concrete Design)
O’Malley Construction, Inc., London, England
Lead Structural Engineer
University of Connecticut
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
Constructed Facilities Laboratory - Engineering Graduate Research Center, London Common University
Director of Scale Structural Testing Laboratory
University of London, London, England
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
English Technology Institute, Manchester, England
Visiting Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
SUNY Albany, Albany, NY (European Campus, Belgrade Yugoslavia)
PFZ Consultants Inc., Manchester, England
London Institute of Science and Technology., London, England
DESIGN HONORS, AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
· Edward Muir Memorial Prize for excellence in Concrete Structures and Technology (1987).
· US Concrete Production Design Award – Industry Excellence (1986).
· Bellweather Universities Junior Faculty Enhancement Award (1997).
· Featured on numerous national and international television and radio interviews and shows including CNNfn (financial) network, CNN Headline News, CNN Airport Network CNN International Network, CNN Science and Technology Week, FOX TV, National Public Radio, Voice of America, Associated Press, CNN Radio, KNX Radio - Los Angeles.
· Featured in popular press articles in ASCE News, Concrete Construction.
DEVELOPMENTAL AWARDS & TRAINING AND TEAM-MANAGEMENT
· Recruited, developed, trained and managed research-and-development focused engineering teams that included a total of 111 Research Engineers, 42 Research Associates, 21 Research Scientists and one Visiting Research Scientist from various academies across the US and Europe. Developed and taught numerous undergraduate and graduate courses on Reinforced Concrete Design, Concrete Design, Statics, Structural Mechanics, Construction Materials, Concrete Materials, Statistics and Probability.
· Won and managed, as the main investigator, a total of $43 million in federal (International Science and Concrete Studies Institute), national and industrial research and development projects on various aspects of assessment of non-seismically designed reinforced concrete frame buildings, development of improved seismic retrofit techniques and design guidelines for bridges and buildings, development of multiaxial plasticity models for high-performance fiber composites.
Presented and published in numerous national and international journals, conferences and meetings on issues related to: development of design guidelines for flexural and shear retrofit of reinforced concrete (R.C.) members, seismic retrofit R.C. buildings, punching shear failure of reinforced concrete slabs, reinforcing bar bond behavior, bridge deck overlays, auto-adaptive and “smart” structures, non-destructive testing of concrete structures, mechanisms of concrete cracking, development and behavior of high-performance concretes and fiber composites.
· Published 19 peer-reviewed papers in national and international journals (e.g., American Concrete Institute International Materials Journal, US and European Structural Journal, and Journal of Cement and Concrete Composites) and two book chapters. Presented 39 invited-lectures (Presentations to select audiences by personal invitation only. These do not include invitations to conference presentations)
· Published 24 conference and workshop papers. Presented 76 conference and international meeting papers.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
· American Concrete Institute (ACI). Full member of ACI Committees: 325 - Concrete Pavements, 348 - Structural Safety, 446 - Fracture Mechanics, and 544 - Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Associate Member of ACI Committee 440 - FRP Bar and Tendon Reinforcement. American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI). International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE). Materials Research Society (MRS). Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM).