Assistant Business Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Accomplished Business Manager with experience in business administration, human resources management, marketing, business development, and relationship management.
· Proven success managing administrative responsibilities including drafting correspondence, fielding customer inquiries, coordinating travel logistics, and preparing various reports.
· Streamlining business processes and improving operational efficiency levels.
· Tendency to thrive in fast paced business environments while remaining focused on attaining objectives.
· Dynamic leadership abilities concerning employee supervision and training.
· Selected to speak about diabetes to physicians, students, media, and members of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation at Yale University School of Medicine.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Concentration in Sociology (2001)
COLBY-SAWYER COLLEGE – New London, NH
Coursework: Strategic Management, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Finance, Investments, Personal Finance, Economics, Advanced Business Computer Applications, Human Behavior, Sociology of the Family
Colby-Sawyer Men’s Soccer Team (1996-2000); Title Conference Winner (1998)
Students In Free Enterprise (1998-2000); 1st Runner-up in Regional Competition (2000); Awarded 1st Place in Regional Competition (1999); Achieved Top 35 in Nationals (1999)
Business Management Services – Hartford, CT
Collaborated on the management of daily operations within the organization. Supervised and trained employees in daily job responsibilities. Coordinated staff schedules daily. Scheduled doctor appointments for clients.
· Played an integral role in increasing client satisfaction levels by providing exceptional level of service.
· Assisted clients with financial management responsibilities.
Margaret Services – Hamden, CT
Participated in substitute teaching activities within multiple elementary schools throughout CT. Executed classroom management functions successfully. Served as the primary aid for a student with behavioral disabilities.
· Implemented lesson plans within classrooms.
· Educated students on various subject matter including reading, writing, math, penmanship, social studies, science, and gym.
Southern High School – Bridgeport, CT
ASSISTANT MEN’S LACROSSE COACH
Instructed students on the fundamentals of lacrosse. Educated students on the importance of sportsmanship throughout the game.
· Created and managed daily lacrosse practice schedules.
Nationwide Services Security – West Haven, CT
Directed all aspects of sales including marketing, strategic planning, business development, account management, and customer service. Handled operations management responsibilities. Supervised and mentored employees in daily job tasks. Assisted in financial functions.
· Developed and presented sales reports to management, which enabled management to make business decisions.
· Played a key role in increasing customer retention levels within saturated markets.
· Handled human resources functions including employee selection, new hire orientation, professional development, and performance appraisal.
· Acknowledged for sales excellence with multiple awards and achieved highest monthly sales due to sound business acumen.
Viglione Training & Development, Inc. – Waterbury, CT
Conducted research pertaining to organizational effectiveness and personal performance. Provided feedback and recommendations to management based on research findings.
· Spearheaded the implementation of marketing strategies involving web-based management solutions.
Saint Stephen’s High School – Waterbury, CT
GIRL’S VARSITY SOCCER HEAD COACH
Instructed students on basic soccer skills. Coordinated and executed daily practices. Organized team line-ups and statistics. Planned travel logistics for away games.
· Established team goals and communicated expectations to all students.
Lowman Convalescent Center – Cheshire, CT
Managed all aspects of food preparation for residents in accordance with dietary specifications. Interacted with residents and provided high level of care.
· Ensured compliance with Federal, State, and Department of Health regulations concerning food preparation and food service.
Soup Kitchen Volunteer (1992-Present)
Basketball Counselor – Children With Diabetes (2000)
Soccer Camp Counselor – Grade School Children (1992-2000)
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, SPSS, QuickBooks, FrontPage