604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
AVIATION CONSULTANT and INDEPENDENT AUDITOR
Internal Auditing / Operational and Technical Safety Compliance
Distinguished Professional with extensive experience in aviation, internal auditing, operational and technical safety compliance, and directing executive-level administrative affairs. Combines organizational expertise, efficiency, strong visionary planning, funding proposals, communication, and liaison skills with the ability to independently plan and direct high-level business affairs.
Skilled in leading cross-functional, multi-tasked business teams in the planning and execution of special projects. Able to critically strategize project requirements and coordinate the delivery of appropriate resources to meet demands. Broad based qualifications include:
Strategic Business Planning
Training & Development
Regulatory Reporting, Negotiations, & Communication
Special Project Management
Multi-Site Operations Management
Quality & Productivity Improvement
· Maintenance planning, management, maintenance training arrangements, technical guidance for maintenance personnel.
· Domestic and International technical and material personnel management.
· Development of standardized quality programs and safety standards to meet domestic and international client requirements.
· Development of work standards to assist in motivating personnel to peak performance while improving maintenance capabilities.
· Assisted in the development and promotion of improved industry standards through personal liaison with the Helicopter Association International Technical Committee and the American Helicopter Society’s Product Support Committee.
· Assisted in the development of Maintenance Management Information Systems.
· Expert Witness in the areas of Maintenance Standards and Practices.
Ratings and Qualifications
· A&P Mechanic and Rated Pilot, airplane and rotorcraft /helicopter with an excess of 3,600 flight hours.
· Managed all aspects of maintenance, quality assurance and engineering for a fleet of over 400 helicopters and airplanes including but not limited to the following models:
Bell: 206 Series, 212, 222, 230, 407, 412 and 214ST
Sikorsky: S-76A, S-76A+, S-76C, S-76C+
Eurcopter: AS350 & AS355 Series, SA330J, SA332, BO105 and BK117 Series
Beachcraft KingAir: B90 and B200 Series
Sabreliner: 40, 65 and 80 Series
Professional Work Experience
SUMMERS AND ASSOCIATES, LLC, Lafayette, LA
2002 to Present
Owner, Aviation Consultant
A newly formed company supplying Domestic and International clients with 40+ years of Aviation Expertise in performing in-depth audits of Quality / Maintenance Systems and Practices in addition to assisting with business endeavors throughout the United States, Asia and China.
PETROLEUM HELICOPTERS, INC. (PHI), Lafayette, LA
1965 to 2002
One of the world’s leading helicopter companies offering services to Offshore Oil, Onshore Mining, International, Aeromedical, and Technical Service industries throughout the United States, 43 foreign countries, and 45 heliports nationwide.
· Developed and set up an Engineering Department, 1991
· Spearheaded PHI’s efforts toward International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 registration
· Served as Project Manager for the Installation and Certification of the HEALTH and USAGE MONITORING SYSTEM (HUMS) in the Bell Model 412, the first integrated HUM-System to be successfully installed and certified by the FAA in North America
Special Projects Manager
2001 to 2002
Special Assistant to Chief Operating Officer
2000 to 2001
Chief Engineer for China Southern Helicopter Co. (PHI China Operations
1999 to 2000
Director of Engineering / Quality Assurance
1995 to 1999
V.P., Engineering / Quality Assurance and Materials
1994 to 1995
1991 to 1994
1984 to 1991
Superintendent of Maintenance
Director of Field Maintenance
1976 to 1984
Maintenance Test Pilot / Assistant to the V.P., Maintenance
1969 to 1976
Pilot / Mechanic
1966 to 1969
Memberships & Related Activities
Helicopter Association International (HAI), Technical Committee Member
American Helicopter Society (AHS), Product Support Committee Member
National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), Member
American Society for Quality (ASQ), Member
Organizer / Host, Annual Gulf South Aviation Maintenance Seminars, Recognized by the FAA and industry as one of the premiere programs of its kind in the U.S.
Invited Committees Member, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) / ARAC
Served as Industry Advocate and Spokesman for the continued Development and Certification of Health Usage Monitoring Systems for Rotorcraft
· Honored by the Federal Aviation Administration - Southwest Region, with the FAA’s “Good Friends Award”, in both 1993 and 2001
· Honored with a “Certificate of Recognition for Distinguished Service,” by the Helicopter Association international, 2001 Annual Convention
J.M. PERRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Yakama, WA
A&P Mechanic Certificate
Attended numerous Aviation courses, primarily Helicopter related
Completed numerous College Level, Management and Supervisory courses