604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Professional with over 10 years experience in retail and wholesale managment, plus 9 years experience in retail buying. Oversee international exposure in sales and marketing, merchandising, product development, and buying of high-end products. Handle total profit and loss responsibility, forecast sales, and develop incentives and contests, procurement, advertising and promotions, domestic and international contract negotiations, public relations, inventory management, selection of displays and packaging materials, develop presentations to highlight products, and attend shows to introduce new products. Reputation for hands-on manager who leads team to exceed projections.
Goldman and Frank, Boca Raton, FL
1993 - Present
Senior Sales, Marketing, and Merchandising Manager
Manage all operations and maintain total profit and loss responsibility for a $10 million wholesale business selling precious jewelry to retail chain stores throughout the Northeast United States and Canada. Major accounts include JC Penney and Mervyn's of California. Contracts range from $200,000 to $2 million. Supervise sales executives and interact with buyers.
• Achieved 142% of sales plan in 1999, 140% in 1998, and 175% in 1997.
• Ranked #2 nationwide with a 50% smaller territory.
• Reduced returns by negotiating a matching policy.
• Developed a new line of jewelry that was marketed to high-end retailers.
• Provided guidance to the graphic designers who created the corporate logo.
• Represented the company on QVC with sell-through of products offered.
Ferndale Corporation, Boston, MA
1989 - 1993
Director of Product Development and Merchandising
Maintained dual responsibility for product development activities from inception through production, and for determining merchandising presentations for clients based on needs assessments for six sample lines, totaling $8 million in annual sales.
• Produced up to 500 sketches for new product lines.
• Reduced the number of samples and used lines throughout retail stores with similar needs.
• Established a sales training program that produced stronger lines and increased sales.
FJK Corporation, Toronto, Canada
1984 - 1989
Purchased up to $8 million annually in sterling silver, gold, and costume jewelry, as well as giftware. Interacted with designers, as well as jewelers and managers at the factory level. Achieved a 22% increase in overall gross margin and attained 110% of plan.
Octagon, Inc., Toronto, Canada
1981 - 1984
Grew the business from 10 lines to 60. Attended fashion shows in Paris and Milan.
George Brown College, Toronto, Canada
Merchandising, Fashion Design, and Marketing Degree
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com