Financial Manager Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly analytical and motivated global Finance Graduate with extensive professional internship experience and proven ability to go above and beyond the norm in generating results for companies. Willing to relocate.
· Corporate Finance
· Entrepreneurial Finance
· Financial Accounting and Analysis
· Financial Instruments
· Mathematics and Statistics
· International Corporate Finance
· Portfolio Management
· Financial Statements Analysis
· Derivatives Valuation
· Cost Accounting
· Cash Flow Management
· Capital Budgeting and Valuation
· Management Control
· Financial Markets and Investments
· Analytical Skills — Demonstrated ability in gathering and interpreting huge amounts of data to design and develop complex financial models.
· Global Teamwork — Cooperated and collaborated with colleagues and classmates from all over the world on projects and assignments. Studied and worked on projects in Austria, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands for seven months.
· Entrepreneurial Leadership — Utilized computer knowledge to initiate survey which dramatically improved respondent results for organization. Trained and developed abilities of team members to compete in national sport competition.
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Masters in Financial Management
Conducted detailed and accurate financial analysis of Kinepolis, a publicly listed Belgian company.
· Conceptualized and developed financial model from scratch by collecting, consolidating and analyzing company documents and reports.
· Built up strong communication skills through working and interacting with top management in company.
Vienna Univ. of Economics and Business Administration
Exchange Program (Erasmus)
· Worked and interacted tactfully and effectively with people from different nationalities and diverse backgrounds.
· Adapted smoothly to unfamiliar culture and environment rapidly.
BBA Honors "Distinction" (Special focus in finance)
Graduation Thesis: The Repurchase of Own Shares
Integrated dividend substitution hypothesis, agency cost of free cash flow, capital structure theory, signaling hypothesis and market efficiency hypothesis into the evaluation of this complicated topic.
European Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (EVCA)
Only Belgian intern selected to work for EVCA, a prestigious non-profit organization that represents the European private equity and venture capital industry in promoting private equity investment to industry players. Identified potential respondents, created detailed questionnaire, sent and followed up on survey to more than 80 companies. Devised incentives to expand list of prospective European clients for organization.
· Pioneered pilot survey on the European Mezzanine Financing Market.
· Initiated and introduced first electronic version of survey which increased response rate by 21% in record time of less than two months! (Normal response rate is 50% in six months) Electronic survey has since been adopted by organization.
· Applauded for conducting statistical analysis on market and producing an exhaustive, yet easily comprehensible 40-page management report for organization.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Recruited to this MNC which has more than 2000 employees worldwide and is the world's largest provider of serviced offices with more than 400 business centers in 50 countries.
· Performed extensive study of company overheads and identified cost pools.
· Consolidated and analyzed all data; designed spreadsheet model which gave company an immediate overview of entire cost structure.
· Prepared and presented report to higher management.
London, United Kingdom
Worked for this world leader in express delivery, transport and logistics solutions company which links more than 220 countries.
· Gathered and coordinated information from cross-functional departments across countries.
· Formulated and designed a customer-oriented sales guide that contains complete information of DHL's services.
Royal Racing Club de Bruxelles
Coach & Trainer (Field Hockey)
1995 - 1998
Planned and conducted weekly training for team of 12 members.
· Motivated and rallied team members to push themselves to the limits during training to compete in national competition.
· Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Access and PowerPoint.
· Proficient in VBA, SPSS (statistical software) and Palisade@Risk (risk analysis and simulation)
· Fluent in English, French and Dutch.
· Basic proficiency in German.