Nonprofit Professional International Affairs
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR qualified for senior level management opportunities within an assisted living or retirement community organization. Strengths include planning, development and visionary leadership. Highlights include:
• Market driven executive with 25 years' experience in residential care/health care including areas of building and grounds management, facility restoration, budget preparation and control, personnel/employee relations, recruiting, foodservice management, and customer service.
• Independent problem solver with ability to assist and resolve specific client concerns to everyone's satisfaction.
• Skilled communicator who consistently motivates staff to provide total quality service to clients.
Community Center, New York, NY
1999 - Present
Managed skilled nursing facility with $5.5 million in annual revenue. Oversaw $4 million annual budget, 200+ member staff, overall resident care, all business functions, and facility management. Secured Department of Health approval.
• Increased annual resident revenue through additional admissions by securing Medicare certification for entire facility.
• Spearheaded large collection effort on delinquent accounts; reduced average outstanding receivables from 80 to 62 days.
• Reduced monthly nursing temporary help expenses from $80K to $20K through intensive recruiting efforts and by providing in-house training for certified nursing assistant candidates.
• Led first facility remodeling project in 25 years by allocating $25K in funds towards refurbishing and improvement of residential areas.
Gould Retirement Home, Inc., New York, NY
1989 - 1999
Supervised retirement community with over $5 million in annual revenue. Managed all organizational operations, facility and service marketing efforts, financial management, strategic planning, and major restoration project supervision.
• Managed $3 million renovation of upscale facility, ensuring state and local building code compliance.
• Coordinated architectural efforts, doubling facility's resident capacity.
• Doubled home's revenue stream while holding expense increases to 25% through careful financial planning and operations management.
• Developed and implemented private pay revenue system by replacing facility's long-time contract to with more financially sound monthly rental system.
NorCal Healthcare, Inc., Sacramento, CA
1985 - 1989
Directed business operations of hospital and health system with over $5 million in annual revenue. Managed acute care hospital, MD/DO office practice, and home health care service, recruited physicians, and bolstered publicity efforts for pain treatment program throughout California.
• Rejuvenated operations to salvage hospital and health system from bankruptcy.
• Increased outpatient revenue by approximately 80% through establishment of pain management program servicing patients in California.
• Resolved serious cash flow problem by leading three-month employee wage reduction program, restoring lost wages at end following establishment of permanent solutions.
• Improved marketing efforts, increasing visibility of facility and services.
Baptist Hospital and Health Systems, Denver, CO
1984 - 1985
Community General Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
1977 - 1984
Boston College, Boston, MA
M.B.A., Hospital and Health Services Administration
American College of Hospitals, South Bend, IN
B.S., Business Administration
Nursing Home Administrator's License
Member, New York Extended Care Federation, 1999 - 2002
Member, New York Association of Services for the Aging, 1989 - 1999
Member, American College of Hospital Administrators , 1979 - 1989
Member, State Chamber of Commerce - 2001-present
Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (Business School Honor Society) - 1975-present
Building bridges across global communities - combining idealism with pragmatism
Key Strengths: Unique in-depth understanding of cultural and linguistic nuances gained from international upbringing, education, and professional background. Experience in non-profit and private sector with passion for international affairs. Fluent in English, Swedish, French, and Spanish; basic skills in Italian and German; currently studying Arabic. PC skills: MS Word and Excel, databases, Internet, and email.
B.A. DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF PARIS
Magna Cum Laude – Honor Student
Paris, France - May 2000
SKILLS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
Well-rounded knowledge of both current and past international affairs. Cross-cultural verbal and written communication and rapport building skills.
· One of three-people team establishing Venezuelan promotional investment project – secured accounts with Fortune 500’s, managed $55,000 budget, bookkeeping, correspondence, and project logistics.
· Established and leveraged Venezuelan government relationships to obtain vital data for investment reports.
Thrive in challenging environments. Resourceful; applying key strengths to achieve common goals.
· Mediate using understanding of different viewpoints, improvisation, and strategic communication techniques.
· Demonstrate persistency and creativity, bring projects to good end; willing to “go the extra mile”.
· Use ability to interpret broad range of resources - consistent record of effectively analyzing, compiling, and synthesizing data.
Self-starter with record of completing projects within deadline.
· Venezuela: presented prospective Forbes investment report to 100+ local and international companies.
· Global Aging: produced well-researched base for proposal, impressing PR-firm Brow Lloyd James’ client.
· AIDS: researched and reported about relationship between global AIDS epidemic and debt relief during 14th International AIDS Conference in Barcelona; obtained coverage in “Cleveland Plain Dealer”.
· Debt Relief: Executed marketing plan and promoted press conference for Jubilee USA Network in relation to 2002 G7/8 meetings. Secured press coverage with “Toronto Star” and Reuters.
· Witness: drafted press releases for “Week of Action” and organized local activists for national screening week.
· Middle East: conducted research for UNESCO-publication on conflict resolution in the area.
· BROWN LLOYD JAMES - New York, USA - Account Associate
2000 to 2002
· WITNESS - New York, USA - Research & PR Associate
· MOROCCO, EUROPE - Cultural Exploration
2001 to 2002
· FORBES, World Investment News - Caracas, Venezuela, Investor Relationship and Advertising Associate
2000 to 2001
· UNESCO - Paris, France - Research Assistant