604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR … OFFICE MANAGER
· Business professional with three years of management/administration experience and 10 years of project management/system analysis experience. Recognized by managers, colleagues, and clients for a high degree of professionalism, customer focus, and attention to detail.
· Able to manage daily office operations, develop administrative policies/procedures, resolve problems, and implement organizational projects and initiatives. Well-organized with the ability to help others become better organized.
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to individuals at all levels, within and outside of the organization. Analytical with strong critical-thinking capabilities.
· Highly proficient using current business software and tools including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and QuickBooks Professional. Additionally proficient using MS Project, MS Visio, Lotus Notes, Crystal Reports, and MS SQL Server.
· Core competencies include:
· Accounts Receivable
· Quality Assurance
· Accounts Payable
· Customer Service
· Customer Relationship Management
· Record Keeping
· Staffing & Hiring Processes
· Budget & Expense Tracking
· Workflow Prioritization
· General Ledger Reporting
· Database & Contact Management
· Payroll & Payroll Management
· Vendor & Credit Management
CUT ABOVE THE REST LLC – Milwaukee, WI
2003 to Present
Managed day-to-day operations for a four-season residential and commercial landscaping/holiday lighting firm with 15 employees. Developed proposals/presentations and assisted with project management/project-expense tracking. Performed human-resource-management activities involving unemployment insurance, benefits, payroll, and new-employee hiring.
· Reconciled four months of overdue payables. Conducted comprehensive vendor negotiations, restored relationships, and developed systems to track future payments and cash flows.
· Improved customer service and relations with existing and prospective customers through professional demeanor and relationship-management techniques (follow-up letters, customer feedback, etc.).
· Selected certified public accounting firm and assisted with preliminary business turnaround activities – position was eliminated as a result of turnaround.
STATE FARM INSURANCE DISASTER RECOVERY FIELD OFFICE – Des Plaines, IL
2000 to 2002
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/SECRETARY (CLAIM ADJUSTING)
Contracted to field incoming telephone calls for new and existing policyholder claims. Obtained preliminary information, offered first-response advice, created/re-opened customer files, and facilitated Claim Adjusters’ caseloads. Entered claim data into proprietary information system; queried database and prepared monthly and ad-hoc activity reports. Assisted with information sharing between field offices and agencies.
· Position was the longest held by a temporary contractor – 26 months
Olive Branch, MS
1999 to 2000
Served as primary caregiver to a terminally ill relative.
MARK STEVENSON LLC – Charlotte, NC
Performed project/construction management duties for the Owner/Builder of a new restaurant in Downtown Charlotte. Identified tasks, developed priorities, and maintained timetable.
DAVID CORPORATION – San Francisco, CA
1994 to 1997
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
Established a formal quality assurance infrastructure (including standards, testing, documentation, and customer support) for a software development firm offering risk-management products in a niche market. Sourced, hired, trained, and directed a professional staff consisting of a QA Test Engineer and a Senior QA Project Manager.
· Defined and developed a QA testing methodology for all phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Developed an issue-resolution and call-tracking system in Lotus Notes to record focus-group feedback and monitor technical support calls.
· Led client focus group to gather/analyze product requirements. Assisted with the development of a Windows-based client/server application. Performed manual and automated testing.
· Conducted companywide training on new-product installations. Created end-user documentation.
HEWITT ASSOCIATES – Lincolnshire, IL
1990 to 1993
Recruited to perform requirements-gathering, timeline determination, design, development, and testing for Pension Administrator ™ software enhancements and fixes. Led joint application development meetings and served as Project Leader for future application releases.
· Assigned to team responsible for the design of software development lifecycle standards.
· Evaluated, customized, and installed version control software.
STEPAN COMPANY – Northfield, IL
1987 to 1990
Analyzed performance of in-house computer system modules – Budgeting, Sales, Order Entry, Production Reporting, and Inventory Tracking. Re-wrote software applications to improve productivity. Performed project management functions (needs analysis, requirements gathering, design, and timeline/budget determination) for application enhancements.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (Computer Science & Business Concentration) – DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Software Testing & Quality Assurance, University of California Berkeley
SQA TeamTest 4.0 – SQA, Woburn, MA